ROG Phone 2 random shut down

maeevelynnmaeevelynn Level 1
edited April 16 in ROG Phone 2

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ROG Phone 2
  2. Firmware Version: Android 9 Build number PKQ1.190414.001.WW_Phone-16.0640.1908.12
  3. Rooted or not: Not Rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Weekly

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

I am having an issue (have had for almost 8 months) where the phone randomly shuts down. I do not have auto reset or anything enabled. This occurs even more frequently when the phone is charging using either port. But it still happens randomly when using various applications. This is not specific to one app or only when charging, I really mean randomly. The other issue is, after it shuts down, if I immediately try to turn it back on it will make it to the splash screen and then turn off again. I have to wait 15-30 minutes before I can turn it back on. I've spoken to ASUS support and they were not able to get the phone into a service center during the warranty period due to Covid, now that period is up. I just want a useable phone again and tech support keeps asking the same questions over and over again, and suggesting the same two fixes. Check for updates and reset the phone, or send it into a service center. I'd really like to have sent it in for service but my warranty of over now. I cant even game on my phone like its intended for...

Tagged:

Comments

This discussion has been closed.