Did you mean: 

Zenfone 6 Frozen (Won't Shut Down/Screen On) Troubles after recent Update

svstauffer
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus Zenfone 6
Firmware Version: Unsure
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: First occurrence of complete freezing; has been acting weirdly since most recent update
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I updated my phone about 2 days ago and ever since it has been performing very oddly (more freezing, app crashes, restarting, etc.). Today, it just completely froze about 30 minutes ago and I cannot get the screen to turn off (even by pressing/holding the power button and the power + volume-up combination when attempting to do a reset). I've plugged in an AC adapter and the charging light appeared, but even after removing the cord from the device, it still says it's charging and the screen will NOT turn off.
No button presses/combinations seem to have any effect. Any help would be greatly appreciated as the screen is still on, but responds to absolutely nothing.
2 REPLIES 2

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
svstauffer

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Asus Zenfone 6
  2. Firmware Version: Unsure
  3. Rooted or not: No
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: First occurrence of complete freezing; has been acting weirdly since most recent update
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

I updated my phone about 2 days ago and ever since it has been performing very oddly (more freezing, app crashes, restarting, etc.). Today, it just completely froze about 30 minutes ago and I cannot get the screen to turn off (even by pressing/holding the power button and the power + volume-up combination when attempting to do a reset). I've plugged in an AC adapter and the charging light appeared, but even after removing the cord from the device, it still says it's charging and the screen will NOT turn off.

No button presses/combinations seem to have any effect. Any help would be greatly appreciated as the screen is still on, but responds to absolutely nothing.

Zenfone 6 Frozen (Won't Shut Down/Screen On) Troubles after recent Update
Seems like motherboard problem if no any reponse from device even after holding power + volume up/down buttons i suggest you kindly take your device to nearest service center as early as possible before it gets completely dead
You can search your nearest service centre here👇

Choose your region | Official Support | ASUS Global
Thanks!

Natebird
Rising Star I
Hmmm... My brother in law has the same issue with his but I got it to restart by holding down volume down + power at same time for about 5-10 seconds and it rebooted so idk hopefully you get yours worked out