1. System: Windows 10 Pro 64 Bits
  2. Battery or AC: AC
  3. Model: X512DA
  4. Frequency of occurrence: All the time
  5. Reset OS: Yes
  6. Screenshot or video: Yes

========================

Detailed description:

Hello good evening, I ask for your help with the following problem.

I have an Asus X512DA laptop that has 20Gb of RAM, with a 1Tb SSD hard drive.

But the problem with the laptop is that it is too slow. I have verified that the CPU or cores are only at 0.40 GHz and not at their maximum speed which is 2.1 GHz.

I have installed the latest drivers from ASUS, also the one from AMD and there is no solution.

If I enter device manager, the Processor drivers, it comes out manufacturer Microsoft (year 2009) and not AMD.

Apart from that, I also tried to modify everything related to the energy plan by changing from an economic plan to a high performance plan from windows but no luck

I will be grateful if you can guide me on how I can improve the performance of the processor.

Thanks a lot.

Sergiomc22

Laptop info:

Model: ASUS X512DA

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

RAM: 20 Gb

SSD: 1 Tb

Comments

• Hello smirandac,

Was there any update or modification before this issue occurred?

Is you BIOS Version 313 and your AMD chipset is Version V26.20.11034.6001?

May you share a screenshot of under what kind of scenario, the CPU is at what GHz?

And if you enter safe mode, does this issue happen as well?

Thank you.

• Hi,

the bios version is the 313.

the amd chipset version is the 20.12.1, downloaded from AMD website.

With the chipset drivers from ASUS, i got the same problem, so I tried with the AMD Drivers just to test

Sadly is the same.

I turned off the laptop for 4 hours, and now I power on and it's working fine with cpu cores a 1.2 Ghz or 2 Ghz

At the morning, it was the same, but after a 3 hours Teams meeting, the cpu's cores were at 0.4 Ghz.

• play heavy games , in middle of the games , check the CPU cores again,

• Hello, I started today the laptop at 9am, and all were Ok, cpu fast. Even using SQL Server 2014 and Visual Studio.

SQL Server and Visual Studio I was using until 12pm.

But since 1.30pm the laptop began to perfom very slow.

I'm only using Firefox with 3 tabs: 1 with the asus Forum, 2 is twitter and 3 is Youtube.

Look the cpu cores are at 0.4 GHz.

• Also comment than if I try to install or use Ubuntu Mate 20.04 in this state of cpu cores (0.4 GHz), the ubuntu is also slow.

very slow.

• Can I downgrade bios version 313 to previous version?

• Hello smirandac,

Was there any update or modification before this issue occurred?

Maybe a reset is better than downgrade BIOS?

Thank you.

• Hello, I reinstalled Windows 10 4 times, and with clean windows is still the problem.

I think the only change I remember is the bios upgrade.

On september and october, I was working very well with this laptop with the same hardware and software

• Hello smirandac,

Please kindly send the device to service center.

Our service center can further examine the issue and you may request for BIOS downgrade.

Thank you.

• Hello, here on my country, Peru, we don't have a official Asus service center.

There are generic service center and they can repair or diagnose all brands.

So, i guess the failure on my laptop its more hardware related than software?

• Hello smirandac,

Please refer to below link to find our service point in Peru

The issue could be both hardware and software.

Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.