This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very low speaker volume on Zenfone 6( Asus 6z) - ZS630KL

Scooo
Rising Star I
I'm using an Asus ZenFone 6 or Asus 6z, how it is known here in India since May 2020 and it has been working fine except since the last two updates (security patches), the speaker volume has reduced drastically.
Model Name: Asus 6z - ZS630KL
Firmware Version: 17.1810.2011.183
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Everyday
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
So, I play some music and the music plays fine for like a couple of seconds and after that, the volume reduces significantly. Additionally, the upper speaker or tweeter gets louder, or maybe the lower main speaker volumes makes me think that.
So far, I have tried disabling AudioWizard, clearing its data, rebooting my phone. Since I was facing this since the last two updates, I just waited for one more which was sent out in December some time. It did not fix it, it is now that I am seeking help here, in case anyone has been facing the same issue and has found a possible fix.
I took this long because I don't really use the speakers to listen to music, but because I know it, it annoys me. Moreover, it happens with ringtones and alarms as well, loud foe a couple of seconds and then much quieter. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Scooo
15 REPLIES 15

victor010
Zen Master III
Hi, we suggest you to please visit the nearest ASUS service center for better assistance. Locate here : https://www.asus.com/in/support/Service-Center/India

Scooo
Rising Star I
victor0_ASUS

Hi, we suggest you to please visit the nearest ASUS service center for better assistance. Locate here : https://www.asus.com/in/support/Service-Center/India

View post
Came looking for help here in hopes of saving a trip to the service center. The speaker is fine, like I said, but does not sustain high volumes for more than a couple seconds. So if you can still suggest some thing I could do that could possibly resolve this issue, it will be highly appreciated.
Please help to have this thread seen by as many people as possible at the least 🙆‍♂️
Thanks,
Scooo

Raghu_B_R
Star III
@Scooo I prefer you open settings and there go for sound and vibration and there you can see a option called smart volume if it's on plz switch it off and if it's off try switching it on I hope this works if it didn't it's better you visit service center

Scooo
Rising Star I
Raghu B R

@Scooo I prefer you open settings and there go for sound and vibration and there you can see a option called smart volume if it's on plz switch it off and if it's off try switching it on I hope this works if it didn't it's better you visit service center

View post
Well, I have tried it, it doesn't work. Also, the nearest Asus center is actually not near to my home and given my current schedule it is not going to be possible for me to visit it either. Moreover, I do not think that this is a hardware issue as the speaker does work loudly like for a few seconds, it just does not sustain it. I highly doubt having the speaker or the module change will have any effect, but I guess I can't keep wasting my time looking for solutions where there aren't any.
Thanks for help still, any other solutions will be highly appreciated. Also, if you're using the same device, you're not facing any such issue, right??

Thanks,
Scooo