This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very low speaker volume on Zenfone 6( Asus 6z) - ZS630KL

Scooo
Rising Star I
I'm using an Asus ZenFone 6 or Asus 6z, how it is known here in India since May 2020 and it has been working fine except since the last two updates (security patches), the speaker volume has reduced drastically.
Model Name: Asus 6z - ZS630KL
Firmware Version: 17.1810.2011.183
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Everyday
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
So, I play some music and the music plays fine for like a couple of seconds and after that, the volume reduces significantly. Additionally, the upper speaker or tweeter gets louder, or maybe the lower main speaker volumes makes me think that.
So far, I have tried disabling AudioWizard, clearing its data, rebooting my phone. Since I was facing this since the last two updates, I just waited for one more which was sent out in December some time. It did not fix it, it is now that I am seeking help here, in case anyone has been facing the same issue and has found a possible fix.
I took this long because I don't really use the speakers to listen to music, but because I know it, it annoys me. Moreover, it happens with ringtones and alarms as well, loud foe a couple of seconds and then much quieter. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Scooo
15 REPLIES 15

Raghu_B_R
Star III
Scooo

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/143584#Comment_143584

Well, I have tried it, it doesn't work. Also, the nearest Asus center is actually not near to my home and given my current schedule it is not going to be possible for me to visit it either. Moreover, I do not think that this is a hardware issue as the speaker does work loudly like for a few seconds, it just does not sustain it. I highly doubt having the speaker or the module change will have any effect, but I guess I can't keep wasting my time looking for solutions where there aren't any.

Thanks for help still, any other solutions will be highly appreciated. Also, if you're using the same device, you're not facing any such issue, right??

Thanks,

Scooo

View post
Yeah I'm using the same device and facing no speaker issue I think it is better you make sometime and contact service center

Scooo
Rising Star I
Raghu B R

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/143653#Comment_143653

Yeah I'm using the same device and facing no speaker issue I think it is better you make sometime and contact service center

View post
So a quick update: There's some good news!
I was never fully convinced that the problem is with the hardware, and it seems I was right.
I upgraded to A11 in hopes of having the issue resolved but the problem persisted. So after a lot of hesitation, I performed a factory reset, the issue still persisted. I then went on to toggle some audio features on/ off, and voila! The sound from the speakers was back to normal!! It fine now and the Outdoor Mode as well as AudioWizard is working fine.
I'm glad I spent some time myself at home instead of spending valuable resources on a trip to and from the service center.
So, thanks, in the end it was smart volume issue and something wrong with the balance between the top and the bottom speakers on stereo mode.

Thanks,
Scooo

Raghu_B_R
Star III
Scooo

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/143660#Comment_143660

So a quick update: There's some good news!

I was never fully convinced that the problem is with the hardware, and it seems I was right.

I upgraded to A11 in hopes of having the issue resolved but the problem persisted. So after a lot of hesitation, I performed a factory reset, the issue still persisted. I then went on to toggle some audio features on/ off, and voila! The sound from the speakers was back to normal!! It fine now and the Outdoor Mode as well as AudioWizard is working fine.

I'm glad I spent some time myself at home instead of spending valuable resources on a trip to and from the service center.

So, thanks, in the end it was smart volume issue and something wrong with the balance between the top and the bottom speakers on stereo mode.

Thanks,

Scooo

View post
As I said you to verify was that a smart volume issue congratulations on your device going back Normal

Scooo
Rising Star I
Raghu B R

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/143895#Comment_143895

As I said you to verify was that a smart volume issue congratulations on your device going back Normal

View post
Thanks man, I wish I had tried a factory reset 2 months earlier, although I never really use the phone speaker to listen to music, it's important that I hear the phone ringing when I need to lol and the alarms should be loud enough to wake me up in the morning.
Thanks again,
Scooo.

Scooo
Rising Star I
@Anders_ASUS I'm hoping you could help me understand this better please. I cannot visit the service center just to have it all checked and my phone is out of warranty anyway.
The issue got fixed fixed for a while but it came back and since then I have tried everything, I even rolled back to the original factory image. My phone has never been rooted not unlocked.
The problem that I am having is that the bottom speaker goes quiet after a second or two and the top earpiece actually gets louder. This happens with everything, ringtone, alarm, media playback. Please help me understand if this is indeed a hardware issue. Could the bottom speaker be damaged and hence unable to sustain the output, that it goes to the upper ear piece?
As a vital piece of information, I'd like to add that I had dropped my phone into a bucket of water in September, post which a friend of mine helped to immediately dry everything out, and it has all been fine since, however this volume problem had begun to appear since December.
If you help me understand that this is indeed a hardware defect, I will open up my schedule sometime to visit the service center. Please do not ask me to visit the service center like @victor0_ASUS did immediately, I need a word first from you, some recommendations. Then I will definitely visit the service center.

Thanks in advance,
Scooo