This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whatsapp call app crash and other Bluetooth issues are not fixed yet

ImShrey
Rising Star II
As per the testing I have done, whatsapp still freezes when we receive whatsapp call while using bluetooth headphones.
This contradictory to change log of 0.65 update, where its mentioned that issue is resolved. False.
Also just after that nor google duo Or skype are able to pick up voice from mic of Bluetooth headphone.
@Anders_ASUS I'll DM you the logs.
Here are unfixed items from last, now closed thread:
shreyashshah16

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Rog 2 8/128 Indian
  2. Firmware Version: latest, .27 (July)
  3. Rooted or not: not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: moderately high
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): whatsapp calls, google assistant, system audio and Skype

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

@Anders_ASUS , as per the system language bug, where in I select language other than English US and while Bluetooth device is connected, goto developer options, settings force close. I had reported this bug, which was subsequently fixed.

But after that there are strange glitches whenever I'm connected blutooth device,

1) some times when I receive or make a whatsapp call , audio or video, after 0.02 sec mark whole app gets frozen on 3rd second. Even navigation panel is stuck, and I had some how force close the whatsapp to resolve it. Happens 5-6/10 times, when connected to Bluetooth device. (Earphones)

2) sometimes, google assistant won't detect any audio from my. Bluetooth headset's mike, (headset is perfectly fine)

3) sometime when I get skype call, person at the other end won't be able to hear my audio unless i switch out of bluetooth mode to earpiece or speaker mode. (I'm able him, but not vice-versa)(checked on multiple headsets, same issue)

4) sometimes when I connect to bluetooth, there is no audio, video keeps playing, no matter what is volume level, bluetooth device won't output any audio, trying connect-disconnect won't work even. i had to restart the phone to get it work again.

Please look in to these, as they are not persistent, they are random, It can be hard reproduce, but give it a try. I'm ready to share the log.

Had similar issues been reported by others people before?

Bluetooth causing major glitches in other applications / features

After updating to latest 0.65 build, apparently none of them are fixed,
1) whatsapp call freezing while on bluetooth: NOT FIXED

2) sometimes, google assistant won't detect any audio from my. Bluetooth headset's mike, (headset is perfectly fine) : NOT YET FIXED, when I use headphone key to trigger assistant, assistant shows "Can't connect to google at moment" but I'm Connected to internet over wifi.

3) sometime when I get skype call, person at the other end won't be able to hear my audio unless i switch out of bluetooth mode to earpiece or speaker mode. (I'm able hear him, but not vice-versa)(checked on multiple headsets, same issue): NOT FIXED

4) sometimes when I connect to bluetooth, there is no audio, video keeps playing, no matter what is volume level, bluetooth device won't output any audio, trying connect-disconnect won't work even. i had to restart the phone to get it work again: NOT FIXED, happens randomly, seen it happening 2 times already on lastest build.

Its been now 2 months since Last I reported these issues, even in current update none of them are fixed, and Original thread was marked "closed", it's not acceptable.
34 REPLIES 34

ImShrey
Rising Star II
@Melqui @alidaher409@gmail.com @aljay @tabletnovran
Guys can you check your issue from last thread are resolved now on 0.65 update or not?
Please revert with details.

ImShrey
Rising Star II
@Melqui had reported:
Sometimes I have to turn off bluetooth (rog2) and on again to hear sound on my car receiver. (sometimes connect but no sound)

@Melqui please check if this fixed on lastest update.

ImShrey
Rising Star II
@alidaher409@gmail.com had reported:
My first experience with Rog Phone and feeling depressed with bluetooth connectivity drops and no one lis listening to our issue from customer service.

Tried connecting different bluetooth earphones but with same issue, really annoying and feeling bad for this purchase.

I think it is better to switch to another phone for daily driver, because they are just selling hardware without taking care of software bugs.

@alidaher409@gmail.com please confirm if this is fixed on lastest 0.65 update.

ImShrey
Rising Star II
@aljay haf reported: While using bluetooth galaxy earbuds+ will disconnect from wifi connectivity.
@aljay please confirm if this is fixed in latest update, wiz 0.65.