Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog 2 Android system corrupted today

Vamp
Zen Master I
Firmware Version: WW_17.0240.2009.49
Rooted or not: Not rooted
I was watching video today on YouTube and suddenly mobile restarted out of nowhere and it got stuck on Rog boot logo... Screen brightness keep on increasing and decreasing... It stayed like that for straight 10-15 minutes and then recovery menu came up saying cannot boot android corrupted and there were two options to try again and factory reset. Since I have some horrible experience with boot loops and dead motherboard in the past so to be safe I factory reset the device.

Is there any way to log this without adb and what are the cause of this (any guess)...

In past I've experienced restarts here and there like once in two months but mobile always restarted without any harm. I really want to know how to prevent this in future as I didn't have everything backed up but the data lost wasn't important and I cannot keep on backing up data.
13 REPLIES 13

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi,
Can't share a workaround here. I would suggest you visit the service center.
https://www.asus.com/in/support/service-center/india

Vamp
Zen Master I
ARP_ASUS

Hi,

Can't share a workaround here. I would suggest you visit the service center.

https://www.asus.com/in/support/service-center/india

View post
Visiting service center won't help... They just killed the motherboard and broke the back glass of my last Asus device which was bricked the same way 10 days ago... Plus my warranty ended 20 days ago.

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Vamp,
If you think you have faced a bad service you can anytime reach out to us. This is why we have this forum for our community.

Not applicable
ARP_ASUS

Hi Vamp,

If you think you have faced a bad service you can anytime reach out to us. This is why we have this forum for our community.

View post
He did reach out to you just like others, help him out because he ran outta warranty and service center is no help as far as i know.