Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog 2 Android system corrupted today

Vamp
Zen Master I
Firmware Version: WW_17.0240.2009.49
Rooted or not: Not rooted
I was watching video today on YouTube and suddenly mobile restarted out of nowhere and it got stuck on Rog boot logo... Screen brightness keep on increasing and decreasing... It stayed like that for straight 10-15 minutes and then recovery menu came up saying cannot boot android corrupted and there were two options to try again and factory reset. Since I have some horrible experience with boot loops and dead motherboard in the past so to be safe I factory reset the device.

Is there any way to log this without adb and what are the cause of this (any guess)...

In past I've experienced restarts here and there like once in two months but mobile always restarted without any harm. I really want to know how to prevent this in future as I didn't have everything backed up but the data lost wasn't important and I cannot keep on backing up data.
13 REPLIES 13

Vamp
Zen Master I
Swaraj

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/41425/rog-2-android-system-corrupted-today

Had the same issue 1 month before.

I kept squeezing power button n volume up/down button and my phone automatically restarted again and the boot loop was gone.

Since then am not facing this issue but that shit HAPPENED.

Unlike you rather than waiting for corrupt msg to appear i kept squeezing the buttons i mentioned above n i didn't had to reset device

View post
I guess you got lucky this time... If it every happens again (I hope not) please don't do anything... I had zenfone 2 when it was released but it died the same way... It gone into the bootloop and I pressed power button and power up button... Next thing I got Bugdroid lying with its stomach open and a sign over his stomach...
My motherboard was dead.
Similarly my zenfone 3 died the same way, it restarted and I took it to the service center and Asus service center made the same mistake... Instead of plugging it right away to the computer with fastboot mode they played too much with the button causing the motherboard death...
P.S. I'm not a Asus fan because every device that I own is dead now except Rog and I own them because first they are inexpensive and second I'm in college now so I really don't wanna spend money on the mobile.
I really want ROG to survive.

Swaraj
Rising Star II
ronald1985

I probably think this is related to the automatic restart with black screen. When that happens, the phone/Android system is not shutting/restarting gracefully, which most likely cause corrupt files. I take it for the people who had this issue will probably have faced blackout and automatic restarts previously?

View post
Nope i faced it only once and i can confirm its software issue

Swaraj
Rising Star II
Vamp

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/139040#Comment_139040

I guess you got lucky this time... If it every happens again (I hope not) please don't do anything... I had zenfone 2 when it was released but it died the same way... It gone into the bootloop and I pressed power button and power up button... Next thing I got Bugdroid lying with its stomach open and a sign over his stomach...

My motherboard was dead.

Similarly my zenfone 3 died the same way, it restarted and I took it to the service center and Asus service center made the same mistake... Instead of plugging it right away to the computer with fastboot mode they played too much with the button causing the motherboard death...

P.S. I'm not a Asus fan because every device that I own is dead now except Rog and I own them because first they are inexpensive and second I'm in college now so I really don't wanna spend money on the mobile.

I really want ROG to survive.

View post
Thanks for making me aware of it 🤔

Melqui
Zen Master I
Flash RAW recovery firmware
Source:
[GUIDE] [RAW Firmware] [RE-LOCK] Convert CN to->WW or WW to->CN Rom (20/12/2019)https://androidfilehost.com/?a=show&w=files&flid=301619

- ROG 2 Fastboot Method
* Power off the device completely.
* Press and Hold Volume-Up Key
* Press the Power key for 2 seconds and release it while continuing to hold the Volume-Up Key
* You will be in a Menu with multiple options such as Recovery, Reboot.. This is the Fastboot Mode.

* After connecting via Fastboot Mode, Navigate to the Firmware extracted folder
* Double-Click and Run flashall_AFT.cmd - A Dos Command window will open and show some information
* Leave your PC for 5 - 10 Mins, Even if nothing moves in the command window - This is normal - It will not show any progress bar. It will just say completed after done, and the device will restart itself.
* After restarting, It is important to do a Factory Wipe. Come back to Fastboot Mode, Switch through volume keys and select Recovery Mode - Then Select Wipe/Data Factory Reset.