1. System: Windows 10 PRO 10.0.19041
  2. Battery or AC: Both
  3. Model: UX581GV.308
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Always
  5. Reset OS: No
  6. Screenshot or video: Yes

========================

Detailed description:

Windows recently got this new update: ASUSTek Computer Inc. - System - 2.0.8.0, update that asks for restart every time I open my laptop.

Is there a way to fix this? So, If I shut down my laptop, and then I boot it up, I get that notification from the picture. If I restart as it says, then I doesn't show up, but it shows up again if I shut it down and boot it up.

Comments

• Apparently, this got fixed after I have installed a bunch of new updates from the Asus drivers page for my laptop. It's strange that MyAsus didn't notify me that new drivers were up.

• Nope, it's back again.

• Hello Liviu,

May you help to check if your ASUS System control interface V2 driver is updated as well?

Thank you.

• Hi @Blake_ASUS

Yes, I have checked all the drivers from Asus driver page. I'm up to date with all of them. I don't know if there should be an order of installation of the drivers, but everything works, excepts the issues discussed on the other topics. I don't know if those issues are related to this one. ASUSTek Computer Inc. - System - 2.0.8.0 was installed automatically via windows updates.

• I think that I've fixed it by rolling back to the prev version through Device manager console, and then restart and update it again manually, and not trought Windows updates.

• Hello Liviu,

So.... after you update the V2 driver, and also update ASUSTek Computer Inc. - System - 2.0.8.0 again,everything is fine now?

There is no installation order for this as I was informed of, I will report this as well.

Thank you.

• LiviuLiviu Level 2
    edited November 2020

Well, I thought that it fixed it, but it appeared again. So, I don't really know what is happening here. It's not something that can be reproduced easily. I thought that the issue was with ASUSTek Computer Inc., because the first time it happened was in the day i got an update for this driver. but after I rolled back on the prev version, the issue seemed to vanish after it appeared again. It happens when the laptop stays closed - off for extended period of time, like half a day, and then it is turned on. But if I stop it, and start in again in between few minutes/hours, most of the time I don't get the issue. So, I'm lost with this one. I wish I could give more details, but it's a weird behavior.

• Hello Liviu,

Thank you for the update.

I have consulted more about this issue form our technical support.

• Hello Liviu,

May you uninstall this  ASUSTek Computer Inc. - System - 2.0.8.0 from device manager

and then reinstall ASUS System control interface V2 driver V2.2.31.0?

Thank you.

• Hi @Blake_ASUS

I cannot find it in device manager. It got installed via windows updates automatically.

• Hello Liviu,

then are you able to uninstall that update?

it was quite strange that your model does not need this update.

yours need the ASUS System Control Interface V2 only.

Thank you very much.

• @Blake_ASUS

I can only uninstall windows updates, but not the drivers update that came from Windows Updates.

• It wasn't my choice to install it. The driver installed itself via Windows Updates. The same update exists on my other UX581GV laptop.

• Hello Liviu,

So both of your device is using Windows Pro 2004?

May I have both of the SN in the PM I send you?

Thank you.

• you can block the driver updating automatically through windows updates .

block using registry key and bu using group policy editor.

• LiviuLiviu Level 2
    edited November 2020

This is not a standard use of a laptop. I didn't pay that amount of money to block official updates because the laptop will not behave well if they get installed. Is like buying a house but not being able to live in it.

• edited November 2020

then

then you have two choices

1. you should upgrade or to do clean installation windows 10 20H2 build no 19041.510, in this edition , drivers will not update automatically through windows updates.
    2. or you can use Linux Ubantu OS
This discussion has been closed.