darnlike
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG 2
Firmware Version: Was not able to capture
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Once and never turned on since
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): N/A
Hi, I just want to raise my concern about my ROG 2 last October 21 (6 days ago) when I rebooted my phone it doesn't turn on no matter what troubleshooting I do, I decided to contact chat support and was advised to bring my phone to the nearest service center which I immediately did. I was told that since my unit is considered premium it needs to be forwarded to the main office, which I agreed to since I don't have any choice since my phone is not working, I was also advised that it could take up to 14 working days for the diagnosis and repair to complete. Fast forward I got a text notification yesterday October 26 that I need to pay for the parts that needs to be replaced mainly the "MAINBOARD" since the warranty was voided. I immediately contacted the service center to ask why was the warranty voided, I was told that there are corrosions found on the mainboard and they have concluded that it's customer induced damaged or mishandled. I was shocked that the warranty got voided for this reason, the warranty should be good up until Dec 15 this year. I'm very careful with my phone since I know it's not water proof nor water resistant and I have never let my phone got exposed nor soaked into any type of liquid. I just felt that it's unfair for my side that the warranty got voided without any probing. I'm a big fan of ASUS and always will be, but please don't abandon us when we need your help.
PS :
I have contacted chat support again and they said that they will raise this matter to their management, and I'm hoping for them to reconsider the result of the diagnosis.
I hope that the management notice this matter I can't afford to pay for the quoted price for the parts that needs to be replaced
Details of parts that needs to be replaced.
Mainboard : 33,500 Pesos (quoted price from service center)
Camera : 3,800 (quoted price from service center)
========================================

2 REPLIES 2

Not applicable
darnlike

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ROG 2
  2. Firmware Version: Was not able to capture
  3. Rooted or not: No
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Once and never turned on since
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): N/A

Hi, I just want to raise my concern about my ROG 2 last October 21 (6 days ago) when I rebooted my phone it doesn't turn on no matter what troubleshooting I do, I decided to contact chat support and was advised to bring my phone to the nearest service center which I immediately did. I was told that since my unit is considered premium it needs to be forwarded to the main office, which I agreed to since I don't have any choice since my phone is not working, I was also advised that it could take up to 14 working days for the diagnosis and repair to complete. Fast forward I got a text notification yesterday October 26 that I need to pay for the parts that needs to be replaced mainly the "MAINBOARD" since the warranty was voided. I immediately contacted the service center to ask why was the warranty voided, I was told that there are corrosions found on the mainboard and they have concluded that it's customer induced damaged or mishandled. I was shocked that the warranty got voided for this reason, the warranty should be good up until Dec 15 this year. I'm very careful with my phone since I know it's not water proof nor water resistant and I have never let my phone got exposed nor soaked into any type of liquid. I just felt that it's unfair for my side that the warranty got voided without any probing. I'm a big fan of ASUS and always will be, but please don't abandon us when we need your help.

PS :

I have contacted chat support again and they said that they will raise this matter to their management, and I'm hoping for them to reconsider the result of the diagnosis.

I hope that the management notice this matter I can't afford to pay for the quoted price for the parts that needs to be replaced

Details of parts that needs to be replaced.

Mainboard : 33,500 Pesos (quoted price from service center)

Camera : 3,800 (quoted price from service center)

========================================

ROG 2 Dead Phone
33500 pesos? Dude that's same amount of money to buy 2 rog 2 with 8gb ram and 128 gb storage! Do not pay them such amount of money! Just go and buy a better phone. This phone showed its true colors after 7 months. I feel bad for rog 3 buyers. They got scammdd and they dont even know it.

darnlike
Star I
Yeah I agree, I can't afford to spend that much money on repair. I also lost confidence on buying another - still hoping that they may look into this matter
Akash Gupta

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/38929/rog-2-dead-phone

33500 pesos? Dude that's same amount of money to buy 2 rog 2 with 8gb ram and 128 gb storage! Do not pay them such amount of money! Just go and buy a better phone. This phone showed its true colors after 7 months. I feel bad for rog 3 buyers. They got scammdd and they dont even know it.

View post