Volte settings for Optus Australia

realistixrealistix Level 1
edited November 2020 in ROG Phone 3

Hi. Absolutely loving the Rog 3 atm. I am however missing Volte settings for Optus in Australia. Any chance this will be added or could be added. I use phone for work and it has terrible call quality now. I find it strange these settings are not in by default. Other than this, amazing device. My new favorite phone since HTC days. Thanks for any help.

WW_17.0823.2008.78

Official Rog 3 Version

Comments

• I’m the same loving my phone when I’m home in Australia I use the Optus carrier as well I would love this to be resolved also

cheers

Adam

• @Gustav_ASUS any ideas when VoLTE might be available for Optus in Australia. I’m heading back to Aus on Friday

cheers

Adam

• I sent an email to ASUS Australia support. Just waiting to hear back. I really hope they are more helpful than HTC. Fingers crossed. Failing this, I will have to go the custom rom route and add settings, but shouldn't have to do that on premium phone imo. I've had no issues otherwise, solid flagship phone, maybe the best.

• Let me check and get back to you.

• @realistix @BlackAs I'm afraid I don't have any information on this subject. If you want to make further inquires, you can reach out to ASUS Australia and ask them.

• If you need VOLTE support in Australia - there is none.. Asus fk it up again.. useless

• Just an update for People following. I received email back from ASUS Australia support. Case has been escalated to 'ASUS Internal Support Department'. I'm not sure if that's good, or just getting passed around like a football till lost, but I'll keep updating as I hear more. Rog 3 will be DOA in Australia if no Volte support.

• Thanks @Gustav_ASUS @realistix I sent them a mail and got the same result it’s been escalated just waiting to hear what they say.

cheers

Adam

• What they will say is "Sorry your carrier does not support the Asus Rog 3. Please chase up with your carrier"...

It was the same with the ROG 2. Nothing has changed.

• I hope not I currently have VoLTE support with my I phone using the same OPTUS SIM card. I will wait to see what they say.

cheers

Adam

• Not sure how else to make this happen. If they come back with the "talk to carrier" response, then that is no better than HTC, because the carriers say "talk to the manufacturer". I've been down that path. We all know how that ended for HTC, people stop buying their phones. Surely someone on the official ASUS forums can get the ball rolling. XDA is already carrying the weight of Volte support atm. It's an easy enough fix tbh.

• Yeah I don’t want to put a custom rom in the phone to get it to work hopefully they can resolve it.

cheers

Adam

• Updated in new thread as this has been buried. Good luck guys.

This discussion has been closed.