Displaylink graphics is running notifi: Rog 2 screen freezes and/or overheats then switches off

teddy4kiboshteddy4kibosh Level 1
edited October 3 in ROG Phone 2

Basic information:

1. Model Name: ROG_PhoneII
  2. Firmware Version: WW-17.0240.2007.27
  3. Rooted or not: No
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Very frequent
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Almost everyday my phone heats up randomly and especially while I'm playing games and then switches off. Sometimes it doesn't heat up but just goes off. When I switch it on "Displaylink graphics is running" notification appears.

Even after switching on it keeps going off several more times before finally working again. I think it has something to do with CPU usage because CPU goes to 100% at times while playing games like PUBG.

I already did factory reset but auto-updated to latest OS version. Pls tell how to stay in A9 version

Also how to fix this goddamn switching off problem.

I was so proud of my Asus phone. Now I feel so sad and ashamed that I have this shady gaming phone. I will think twice about buying Asus products in the future.

Update: it's not cpu issue. Cpu usage was at 35%. Now I will keep an eye out for the GPU usage as @eugeneus.genius suggested. Already I'm using GPU on lowest settings. What about this "Displaylinks graphics is running" notification after it switches on.

Comments