[ZS620KL] Touch panel issue.

Alice_Renaut
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ZS620KL.
Firmware Version: Latest (.99).
Rooted or not: Non-rooted.
Frequency of Occurrence: Persistent.
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Everywhere.
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hello, moderators!
I bought a ZenFone 5Z to play a few games that are heavier than my previous smartphone could run.
I'm satisfied with the graphic performance and even the audio is enough to make the game fun.
But the touch panel is not congruent with the overall performance of the device.
In shooting games (more noticeable in those in first-person, although also present in those in third-person) the aim simply does not follow the given command as it should.
There is a delay in response, where the finger goes and only after almost 1 second the aim follows (which seems little, but makes a huge difference in this kind of game).
Besides the problems when trying to make fine adjustments when aiming.
One of them happens when you lean your finger on the screen and try to move the aim slowly. The aim only starts to move after the finger has moved a little, as if there was a dead zone before the response when the finger slides.
The other problem occurs when sliding the finger, also slowly, the screen flickers, as if the response of that finger pulses between each area touched during the slide.
By the way, all these things are not only felt in games, but in the system and also in test applications it is possible to reproduce.
Could you check these issues?
37 REPLIES 37

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Alice Renaut

1. Model Name: ZS620KL.
  2. Firmware Version: Latest (.99).
  3. Rooted or not: Non-rooted.
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Persistent.
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Everywhere.

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

Hello, moderators!

I bought a ZenFone 5Z to play a few games that are heavier than my previous smartphone could run.

I'm satisfied with the graphic performance and even the audio is enough to make the game fun.

But the touch panel is not congruent with the overall performance of the device.

In shooting games (more noticeable in those in first-person, although also present in those in third-person) the aim simply does not follow the given command as it should.

There is a delay in response, where the finger goes and only after almost 1 second the aim follows (which seems little, but makes a huge difference in this kind of game).

One of them happens when you lean your finger on the screen and try to move the aim slowly. The aim only starts to move after the finger has moved a little, as if there was a dead zone before the response when the finger slides.

The other problem occurs when sliding the finger, also slowly, the screen flickers, as if the response of that finger pulses between each area touched during the slide.

By the way, all these things are not only felt in games, but in the system and also in test applications it is possible to reproduce.

@Anders_ASUS @Christine_ASUS check this new thread touch panel issue for 5z during gaming

burakterzi91
Rising Star I
Alice Renaut

1. Model Name: ZS620KL.
  2. Firmware Version: Latest (.99).
  3. Rooted or not: Non-rooted.
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Persistent.
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Everywhere.

Hello, moderators!

They ignored this problem for 2 years

Alice_Renaut
Star III
burakterzi91

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/36337/zs620kl-touch-panel-issue

They ignored this problem for 2 years

View post
I realized this after writing the text of the thread.
I did some research here in ZenTalk and saw each of the previous threads on the subject, until the oldest.
I felt the same as the other users, a moment of truce in the .87 version, then we returned to the standard.
I'm already prepared to be asked for videos and logs to check the same as always, but I don't feel it can make a difference anymore. 😔

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Alice Renaut
Thank you for your asking. TBH, because the process of collecting logs and video is quite complicated, I hadn't received any usable logs before last FOTA, V99. Meanwhile, I didn't encounter the same issue while testing my device.
Kindly check your inbox and provide me some essential information and logs for further checking.
chihiro012-imagination.jpg
If there is anyone who encounter the same situation and willing to collect logs for me, kindly contact me here or PM me.

Hi amitgarde3
Thanks for your kind reminder.