ROG Phone 2 Nightmare Continues
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
- Model Name: ROG phone 2
- Firmware Version: Android 10
- Rooted or not: Not rooted
- Frequency of Occurrence: Always
- APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
I'm here to write about my horrid experience with Asus Rog Phone 2.
I did make a thread earlier, but no one seems to notice, care or do anything about it so here I am, in hopes of getting my issue resolved.
Here's the link to my previous thread - https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/33904/rog-phone-2-nightmarish-experience#latest
Sadly, the sevice centre guys didn't fix the issue at all. They gave me a replacement phone (Zenfone 5z. Seriously?) about 10 days after I submitted my device & only after showed them their Director (Dinesh Sharma's) video specifically mentioning that a replacement (either ROG 1 or 2) is to be provided. Blatant violation of their own promise.
Coming back to my phone, they took 25 days to get my device 'repaired' & worst of all, the problem still persists. So basically, I wasted a months warranty for nothing.
I'm now convinced that ROG phone 2 has compromised hardware or consistent hardware issues & Asus sold a faulty product. Worse yet, they simply don't care.
I don't even know what I'm going to do now. For most people here, it won't seem like a big deal but I spent a LOT of my hard earned money on this phone & it feels really bad to be in this situation. And I don't even know what I'm going to do next. I basically lost my faith in Asus Service & ROG phone 2 itself after this incident.
Here are the options I have ahead of me -
1. Re-submit the device with the service center, hope they fix it for real this time & waste another month's worth warranty in the process
2. Ask the company for a replacement unit as my unit might be particularly flawed (but that seems unlikely seeing how many people here have exact issues with their ROG phone 2)
3. Ask the company for a full refund (which I'm pretty certain they wont citing some legal reason)
4. Ask the company for an ROG phone 3 (and pay the price difference) hoping the newer phone isn't full of these issues
5. Give up, sell off all my Asus products, warn all my friends & family against buying Asus products & never look back at owning Asus products again.
I'd really appreciate if someone helps me out here. Please, don't take customer dissappointment lightly.