ROG Phone 2 Most of my games are stuttering like crazy

SonicJeanzSonicJeanz Level 1
edited September 2020 in ROG Phone 2

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ASUS ROG Phone II Tencent version
  2. Firmware Version: WW_Phone-17.0240.2007.27
  3. Rooted or not: Not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: 1 week
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Jetpack Joyride, Alto Odyssey, Vector 2

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

I have noticed that my phone is performing poorly when playing regular games from the playstore. I see stutters that occur every second when playing games like Jetpack Joyride, Alto Odyssey, Vector 2 etc. I have all games on 60fps mode and they all have stutters. It is a minor stutter but very noticeable and asked my others if they notice it and they agreed it is. I tried Armoury Crate to max all the settings to ultimate and the stutter still occurs. I have updated my phone to WW_Phone-17.0240.2007.27 for the main reason of my games performing better and It is still there. I even formatted the phone and redownloaded all my apps and games to see if the stutters are gone but nope. There is also a person here who is having the same issue and also replaced his phone with a new one and the problem is still visible. https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/13710/asus-rog-phone-2-refresh-rate-issue

Please, someone tell me if there is a fix to this problem. This was my dream phone and I was very happy with it until I realized this problem. Im not planning on returning the phone yet because im looking for answers first. Thanks!

Comments

This discussion has been closed.