anuraag_diyya
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:Rog 2
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
After recent update My phone is not charging. When I plug with original adapter to direct power source , it's charging for like 50sec and stopping charging. If I unplug the cable and replug it to phone then it's charging again. But the same less than 50 sec. I changed adapater, cable tried on different power sources. And when I tried charging through laptop. It's charging continuously with no interreption. Please help me. I mailed customer care but no response from them too.
4 REPLIES 4

ronald1985
Community Legend I
anuraag.diyya

1. Model Name:Rog 2
  2. Firmware Version:
  3. Rooted or not:
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

After recent update My phone is not charging. When I plug with original adapter to direct power source , it's charging for like 50sec and stopping charging. If I unplug the cable and replug it to phone then it's charging again. But the same less than 50 sec. I changed adapater, cable tried on different power sources. And when I tried charging through laptop. It's charging continuously with no interreption. Please help me. I mailed customer care but no response from them too.

ROG 2 charging issue
Do you get the same issue on the other charging port?

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
anuraag.diyya

1. Model Name:Rog 2
  2. Firmware Version:
  3. Rooted or not:
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

ROG 2 charging issue
I've had two other users with similar issue. First one @gakshat520 stopped replying and the second one had a faulty power adapter. I can send you a PM with instructions on how to log and record your device so we can find out if this is hardware issue or software
Gakshat520 stopped replying after I asked him to do a factory reset so maybe this fixed his issue?

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi @anuraag.diyya,
Let me know if your issue is fixed.

hulkamania1010
Star II
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/32652/rog-2-charging-issue

I've had two other users with similar issue. First one @gakshat520 stopped replying and the second one had a faulty power adapter. I can send you a PM with instructions on how to log and record your device so we can find out if this is hardware issue or software

Gakshat520 stopped replying after I asked him to do a factory reset so maybe this fixed his issue?

View post
Please reply to my discussion