ZS620KL - is it safe to update my phone?

gracechangpygracechangpy Level 1
edited September 2020 in ZenFone 5 Series

I haven't updated my system since March 2019 because when I did it then, it got bricked twice. I had to send it to have it reset and rolled back because of issues with data and wifi connectivity.

Since then Ive been told not to update my phone which is a security concern for me. Am beginning to see severe performance deradation (lagging, frozen apps) and I wonder if a system update might be the solution.

I just want assurance that updating my phone wont kill it. Can't afford to have issues with my phone now that travel restrictions are in place and I need it for remote working.

Best Answers

Comments

• Thanks for the advice! The official service centre said to check with the forums to see if the updates were stable.

Both times it was bricked, they said it was software updates causing the problems with connectivity, not the hardware. It was supposedly a known issue with this particular model.

I'll prob end up getting a new phone if this persists. Shame, cos this phone is still usable for the most part.

• Hi gracechangpy

Thank you for your asking. Kindly provide the information below so that we can better assist you.

1. Your current firmware version

Settings>System>About Phone>Software information

2. Due to further processes involving personal information(SN, IMEI, RMA no.), please check your inbox and reply to the PM.

This discussion has been closed.