This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gamut of black point shift at 120Hz and 90Hz

Vamp
Zen Master I
Does ROG units have gamut value shifts while switching refresh rates as apps like google assistant, youtube music, youtube, etc with dark mode on tends to be dark grey at 60Hz at lowest brightness and pitch black at 90Hz or 120Hz till 10-15% brightness level.
5 REPLIES 5

Vamp
Zen Master I
Sorry I can't upload a video as camera will adjust the exposure automatically causing pitch black at all refresh rates

monalac
Rising Star I
Vamp

Does ROG units have gamut value shifts while switching refresh rates as apps like google assistant, youtube music, youtube, etc with dark mode on tends to be dark grey at 60Hz at lowest brightness and pitch black at 90Hz or 120Hz till 10-15% brightness level.

Gamut of black point shift at 120Hz and 90Hz
Yes it also does become to dark brown/Maroon from dark gray @below 50% brightness! All ROG2 unit has this issues and its been called as red tint.
It is hardware display issue though

Volodesi
Rising Star II
Use an app like Open Camera. It let's you lock exposure and all that fancy stuff.

Vamp
Zen Master I
monalac

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/31295/gamut-of-black-point-shift-at-120hz-and-90hz

Yes it also does become to dark brown/Maroon from dark gray @below 50% brightness! All ROG2 unit has this issues and its been called as red tint.

It is hardware display issue though

View post
It's not about red tint... When we switch from 60Hz to 90Hz or 120Hz, the dark grey part of the screen turns to black due to gamut change at low brightness (it's kinda like increased black crush)