This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Sensitivity Bug...very weird and slow in CODM gaming

Knight201
Star II

Just got the Rog 8 and already experiencing bug, when i play CODM the screen sensitivity is strangely slow and sometimes not register. It is much slower than ROG 7 and iphone which has touch sampling rate 120hz (meanwhile ROG 8 should have touch sampling rate 720hz). Tried to tune up the sensitivity and max all x mode sensitivity setting it is still not working well. Anyone has this issue?

And strange thing is i also tried turn on glove mode and touch sensitivity, it becomes too sensitivity to the point where the screen response when my finger is 5mm away from the screen. Definitely an annoying bug especially in CODM. Hope this can be fix in next updates as ROG 8 should not be inferior than ROG6/7.

5 REPLIES 5

JohnOxygen
Star I

It sounds like you're experiencing issues with touch sensitivity on your ROG 8, particularly when playing Call of Duty Mobile (CODM). This could be frustrating, especially with a device that's supposed to have superior touch sampling rates. Here are some troubleshooting steps and potential solutions to consider:

1. Software Update: Firstly, ensure that your ROG 8 is updated to the latest software version. Manufacturers often release patches to fix bugs and improve performance. Go to Settings > System > System updates to check for available updates.

2. Game Mode Settings: Dive into the settings specific to gaming or the Armoury Crate (if applicable to ROG 8 as it was in previous models). Sometimes, specific game settings can affect performance. Ensure that CODM is set to utilize the full capabilities of the phone, including the high touch sampling rate.

3. Reset Game Settings: Try resetting the game settings within CODM to default and then adjust the sensitivity settings within the game again. Sometimes, previous configurations can interfere with performance, especially after a device upgrade.

4. Clear Cache: Sometimes, the issue could be related to the game's cache. Try clearing the cache of CODM by going to Settings > Apps & notifications > See all apps > CODM > Storage & cache > Clear cache. This won't delete your game data but can help resolve performance issues.

5. Reinstall CODM: If the issue persists, consider uninstalling and then reinstalling CODM. This can help eliminate any corrupted files or settings that might be causing the sensitivity issues.

6. Disable Glove Mode: Since glove mode increases sensitivity, it's best to keep it off unless you need it. It seems like this mode is too sensitive for your needs, so using the device in its standard mode might provide a better balance.

7. Contact ASUS Support: If none of these steps resolve the issue, it might be worth contacting ASUS support directly. This could be a hardware-related issue or a bug that needs to be addressed in a future update. Your feedback will be valuable to them.

8. Join Forums or Communities: Joining ROG or Android gaming forums and communities can also be beneficial. Other users might have encountered similar issues and could have found workarounds. It's also a good place to stay updated on any unofficial fixes or patches.

9. Wait for Updates: As you've noted, hoping for a fix in future updates might be necessary. Keep an eye on official forums and update logs for mentions of touch sensitivity improvements.

Given that the ROG series is designed with gaming in mind, it's in ASUS's interest to address such issues promptly. In the meantime, these steps can help mitigate the problem or provide a temporary solution.

I hope this helps.

JohnOxygen

www.canadasteroidson

OMG.... ChatGPT is here... 😂

lol he is already here (forum) and you are telling him to join rog 8 forum.😂🤣

Mattias_ASUS

Hi @Knight201 Is your problem solved after the latest update?