Asus zenfone max Pro m1 .063 update Extreme battery draining problem.

Hello Asus,

I have been facing extreme battery draining problem since I updated to the latest version .063. This update has ruined my mobile experience. I m getting 1 hour of screen on time and that is perhatic. Mobile is also heating a lot. Average temperature of my mobile remains around 43°C. It feels apps are battling to each other inside the mobile all the time. Even if I don't use my fully charged mobile for 7hours (during sleep), my battery goes to zero.

Charging time has also pethatically increased. It takes forever to charge if I keep my internet on during charging. Buttttt when I turn off the internet connection, mobile gets fully charged in approx 90 minutes only. And if I use my mobile during charging (while keeping data on) , charging percentage decreases instead of increasing.

Everything is fine except this issue. I love this phone, it used to be really great in terms of battery performance. Please fix this problem in next update or I'll have to sell my mobile.

Note: last 2 updates (.061 and .063) ruined the experience. And battery was working superfine in previous versions prior to .061.

Comments

• Please follow below steps may improve battery backup: 

1. Enable “Power saver” (Settings > Power management)

2. Close apps that are not used (Bluetooth, WiFi, GPS, etc.)

3. Adjust sleep time and brightness (Settings > Display)

4. Boost memory when you see memory consumption is high with no app running,

5. check for background running applications, stop/disable unwanted apps, you can manage apps from auto-start manager. 

Recalibrate battery

To recalibrate battery, charge your phone to 100% without interruption.

then discharge it normally till 0%(phone gets switched off).

charge it to 100% in switched off condition and keep it in that state for a little more time.

now switch on your phone in charged condition and unplug when ASUS logo appears.

keep the phone unused for 5 mins.

you will get far better battery life as the battery stats.bin file will be updated.

• arjunec1arjunec1 Level 1

When will Asus have good battery life? Why are you loosing your status because of battery and camera performance?

I trusted Asus brand and purchased Asus phone and was hoping good performance but from last month I am forced to keep my phone plugged in with charger. Battery drains in seconds. I dont think I can get more than half hour of screen on-time because of this issue. You dont feel to respond back to your users. There is extreme battery draining and extreme heating caused my display to detach from phone body. I hope it wont blast some day due to constant charging. If it does I will have it recorded and published on all my social account and will ensure that it goes viral and hurt Asus brand really bad. I will even go to court for faulty software upgrade without any warning of battery issues. I will make you pay Asus, I am recording each and every thing, just waiting for your response what you have to say about it.

• priyopriyo Level 1

I'm also facing these issues after the last two updates. When these will be resolved. Kindly make it asap

• Same problem as mentioned by others is faced by me also. Even in switch off condition also battery is draining fastly. Plz provide a permanent solution for this problem. SOT is decreasing day by day due to this problem. Plz consider all our issuea asap.

• nyagranyagra Level 1

This isn't useful. I have tried this multiple times. But still battery drains without any usage or even in idle state.

• I also tried everything but nothing happened so I exchanged the phone on flipkart and bought Vivo Z1x 8gb 128gb version. Asus made me hopeless. I m pretty happy with my decision now. And I learnt one thing from Asus, never update your phone unnecessarily if it is already working fine. Sometimes update ruins your phone. I also didn't update my Vivoz1x till now because it is working pretty fine 😉😁.

• how to boost memory

and where i will find auto start manager in stock rom

• is the idle battery drain issue still there?

even i am facing this issue it so annoying just cant leave my phone idle...

ASUS engineers are in deep sleep

• AJ1AJ1 Level 2

same issue, tried the above things but still persisting the battery drainage issue.

• man asus team sucks, like i cant even keep my phone idle for even 5 mins.

slowly it is getting worse....

• Probably it's time to change the phone now.. I changed mine. That update ruined my phone and I had to change it.

• more than a month since this thread is active

where is asus team, no reply from their side...

i guess asus india is shut down...

• guys, will a custom rom help me with the problem ?

i dont think these asus engineers are good enough to maintain a software...

• You can try it, if it works keep it and if it doesn't work, just sell the mobile..

• Quite true, and it is also certain that I'll never buy Asus phone again in my life.

• even after the new update problem persists.

asus developers simply quit this field you guys suck !

#asus #asusindia #worst #neverbuyagain

• DheenaDheena Level 1

And heating issues too, 0.61 update is awesome after updates heating issues came and i never experienced before, during charging also its heating