Reverse charging pop-up

Hello,

I have reverse charging issues, on my ZenFone max pro M2, it keeps appearing although the charges is at 100% . I have tried to wipe cash partition, boot normally, switch off and on. The pop up disappears only when the charge is plugged in, its like using a desktop at the end with this mobile.

Anyone has a solution ?

Thanks in advance for your response.

Regards

Comments

• Hi fayazbachir

You may try some troubleshooting steps below at home

1. Please try to enter "Safe Mode" to test if the issue remain. If the function works well in "Safe Mode", please check on any disturbance from the installed 3rd party Apps.

# How to enter and exit "Safe Mode"

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1005163/

2. Check on your current firmware version

Setting >System>About Phone>Software information

If you try to update to the latest version, does the issue still remain?

If the issue remain, please provide me your firmware and more issue detail, a video will be better.

• KeratamKeratam Level 1

Same issue since the latest update. Doesn't come up in the safe mode though.

Is there any easier way of tracing which app is causing the pop up? Or do I have to uninstall each app to check?

• Hi Keratam

To check on any disturbance from the installed 3rd party apps, I suggest you to uninstall each app to avoid any root disturbance from the app.

• Same issue bro 😓

It's really frustrating.😠😠

• Hi imosa

Thank you for your reply. Have you tried the suggestion above? Please provide me the essential info I mentioned above so that I could better assist you.

• casl11casl11 Level 1
    edited June 24

Hi. I'm also getting the same error. i tried charging the phone and the pop up never shows up. it will then show when i unplug the phone from charging.

now on safe mode. i'm still getting the pop up. will try clearing cache/delete some apps.

....i still have the same issue. could it be a cause of the last update???

hey i just finished with chat support from Asus and they suggested me to do some stuffed. first, i brush the charging port. then... so far i'm not getting the pop up for reverse charging. will do the next steps if this doesnt work.

• STILL NO SOLUTION ?!!!

I STOP USING ASUS PHONE

• Hi uthunitednations

Thank you for your asking.

Have you already tried the suggestion me and other users posted? If you did, kindly provide me the information below so that I could better assist you.

1. Your Model Name: Settings>System>About phone

Refer to the link below to check the model name by model no. in the link

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1014441/ 

2. Your current firmware version

Settings>System>About Phone>Software information

3. Safe Mode result

4. Factory Reset result

5. Try clean your port and change other cable

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

• Hello Team,

I am using ASUS ZENFONE Z010D phone.

I started getting reverse charging popup continuously.

What all I tried clead cache, clear data / factory restore and all ...

Nothing worked out.

Fed up with this stupid pop up.

Lots of issues are there with this ASUS phones and laptops.

Do you have any possible solution for this.

To charge the phone I need to switch of the device and charge.

Normal charging will never gets detected.

Because of this reverse charging pop up .

Please mail your solution to [email protected]

• edited July 13

Team,

Below are my phone details.

Model number : ASUS_Z010D

Android Version : 6.0.1

Android security patch level :

November 1 2017.

Is it voluntarily introduced bug to make users change the mobile after certain charging ?

• Hi somnath.embedded

Thank you for your asking. I suggest your model is ZC550KL? Since you have done the factory reset yet the issue remain the same, according to what you described, please contact ASUS repair center in the country of your residence: https://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/

If it is impossible to access the service center during Covid-19 period, please try Call us: https://www.asus.com/support/CallUs

• I suggest your model is ZC550KL?

I see in phone model number is ASUS_Z010D.

Services centers are very far and can't able to go in covid-19 times.

• No indian number in it.

• Hi somnath.embedded

Thank you for your reply. I had double check with your SN and your model is ZC550KL.

For you cases, because you have tried all the troubleshooting that you can do at home, please contact Call us if it is impossible to access the service center during Covid-19 period: https://www.asus.com/support/CallUs

• I m facing tha same issue since day before yesterday n my mobile was not charging at all infact the charge was decreasing so yesterday I went to the service center they checked my software n resolve the charging issue n the pop-up msg too n bcoz of that my entire mobile format but from today morning the reverse charging pop-up msg showed again n now it's coming very frequently it's so much frustrating

• edited July 14

HI kratikasingh022

Sorry for any inconvenience it may cause. Kindly provide the information below so that we could better assist you.

1. Model Name: Settings>System>About phone

Refer to the link below to check the model name by model no. in the link

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1014441/ 

2. Your current firmware version

Settings>System>About Phone>Build Number

3. To avoid personal information leaking, kindly reply me the PM with your RMA number.

• kratikasingh022kratikasingh022 Level 1
    edited July 15

Model no.- AS ZB601KL

Build no.- 16.2017.1906.057

These are the details u asked for please provide a bttr solution for the issue bcoz it still there n my phone is not charging with the original adapter it is charging only with the power bank and the reverse charging pop up msg is still there

• Hi kratikasingh022

Thank you for your quick reply. Kindly check your inbox and reply me for further checking.

• Still i facing that error. While asus company zzz no action. We need solution fir his stupid message.

• Hi uthunitednations

Thank you for your asking. Kindly try some stay-at-home troubleshooting tips below:

1. Please try clean the debris off the port with compress air can.

The issue of reverse charging notification keep pop-up could cause by various reasons, a common reason is the battery port had too many debris, so that the port keep detect debris or moisture. Please try to clean your port with soft tools (e,g. compressed air can) or bring it back to Repair Center for device checking.

2. Please try to enter "Safe Mode". If the function works well in Safe Mode yet the issue remains out of Safe Mode, please check on any disturbance from the installed 3rd party apps.

# How to enter and exit "Safe Mode"

3. Also, please try "the Factory Reset" 

Settings>System>Advanced>Reset options>Erase all data(factory reset)

Please note that once the Factory Reset is completed, all data, apps, settings and personal information will be deleted.