Asus Pixelmaster needs to step up the game on 5Z
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
- Model Name: Zenfone 5z
- Firmware Version: 70 (Latest)
- Rooted or not: Not rooted
- Frequency of Occurrence: regular
- APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): PixelMaster (Asus Camera)
Hello there mods. It has been nice experience to use Asus Zenfone 5z with constant updates and performance improvements. But there is one aspect that Asus has not mush focused on and that is Asus PixelMaster Camera. Following are certain observations i need mods to look into before official support for 5z ends.
1) Scene details and color richness on main lens has been degraded a lot since oreo days. The colours are more muted in current version and also there is serious lack of details on main 12mp lens. Photos in Indoor conditions or artificial lights are coming out soft and low light pics has smudgy details with excessive softening resulting in loss of details. There is occasional camera focusing issue in extreme low light.
2) Wide angle 8mp lens is a neat and helpful addition but since update to Android 10 there is significant softening and loss of details even in daylight images. Low light images are pretty unusable due to loss of details. Also there is lot of noise in images.
3) Image post-processing needs to be better. During Oreo build the images had better AWB as compared to current build. Also HDR is also not so effective in current build as it was in Oroe builds.
4) Camera UI though very functional it will be nice if there are changes in line with 6z camera interface.
5) 4k 60FPS video is really a useful addition but the footage is choppy it will be great if it can be made more smooth and seamless. Also better capturing of details in video recording will be appreciated.
6) Most times EIS doesn't kick in while shooting videos. Especially in artificial lights. Manual control to switch on EIS will be very helpful
7)Lens switching needs to be seamless both in auto and pro mode. Also zooming in and out also needs to be seamless. Currently its jittery.