[FIX] [SOLUTION] Fix/Solution for Low Speaker volume on Max Pro M2 / M1
If you are also suffering from low speaker volume on Max Pro M2 then you can give the following technique a try and see if it makes any improvement. I tried this on two Max Pro M2 in my family and it worked really well on both of them.
I have tried this on my Max Pro M2 but the same method can also be applied on Max Pro M1.
DISCLAIMER - PLEASE TRY THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. DON'T MAKE ME RESPONSIBLE IF YOU DAMAGE YOUR DEVICE. SERIOUSLY NO BAD KARMA PLEASE.
Preface - To increase the speaker volume I tried almost everything. Tried factory reset, custom roms. Couldn't see much improvement. Even installed stock Oreo firmware but there was no difference. So the issue must be with hardware. So before going on to replace the speaker altogether, I stumbled upon video by YouTuber Tech Bengali titled "Increase Speaker Volume in Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 & M2"
It basically suggest to clean the dirt accumulated on the speaker mesh. So I did that and it worked really well for me. 😁
Things Needed - cotton swab, (rubbing alcohol/sanitizer/nail polish remover) and a plastic card.
- Switch off the phone. Take the sim tray out.
- You need to open the back panel of phone near the speaker. You can use YouTuber ESC Baig's Disassembly video as a reference to do that. No need to open the full panel. Just enough to be able to clean the speaker mesh. You can use a plastic card such as debit card or big bazaar card or something like that. Please don't use excessive force to open otherwise you might damage the body or break your card.
- Now dip the cotton swab in rubbing alcohol and clean the dust accumulated on the speaker mesh. Mine was very dirty and had accumulated a lot of dust. Here also don't use excessive force other wise the mesh will break.
- Close the back panel once again. Insert the sim tray. And power on.
- (Optional Step) Download an App Named "Speaker Cleaner - Remove water & fix sound" from Play Store and click on clean. It takes a minute. Do it three four times. It basically vibrates the speaker so I think the remaining alcohol will evaporate and dust will fall off the mesh. Uninstall the app once you are done.
This worked for me very well. Might work for you also. If it also helped you, comment and let me know. 🖖 😁