Slow charging after update of feb-april

kenikaustubhkenikaustubh Level 1
edited October 19 in ZenFone Max Pro Series

Before update battery charging was quite well. But from last month having problem of slow charging. After overnight charging also it gets charged from 5% to 70%.

Also shows 6 hrs for full charge

Please do something about this Team Asus

Comments

• BlueHuntBlueHunt Level 3

My Max Pro M2 faced the same issue after .073 update and took 7 hrs to reach to 100% from 10%.

What you need to do is, battery calibration.

Follow the below mentioned steps :

1. Keep using your phone till 0% and let the phone to get switched off.
    2. Plugin your charger and keep charging your phone in switched off condition until the charging light turns Green.
    3. Do not turn on the phone until the charging light turns Green, once the charging light turns Green, turn ON your phone but do not disconnect the charging cable or do not turn off the plug switch.
    4. Once the Asus logo shows up, disconnect the charging cable from your phone.
    5. When the lock sceeen comes up, keep the phone in idle condition for next 10 minutes and do not use the phone at all.
    6. After 10 minutes of keeping the phone in idle, start using the phone again.

These above mentioned steps worked for me and my phone now gets charged up normally. If you still face the same issue again after following the instructions above, change your charging cable with a different one if you have any other in stock. Also, try plugging in the charger in a different switch board plug point.

• Did you reset your phone, if yes your phone need time to calibrate it, is your phone heating when charging? so you need fan to cool it. Mine just need approximately 2 hour to charge from 0 to 100%

• DarkSideDarkSide Level 1

I am facing the same problem on my max pro m2

• amul2040amul2040 Level 1

i have exactly same issue at here.

definitely it is not the problem of charger nor cable.

it charged very well before update, and now it takes 7 hours to full charge.

i also test it with 5 different charger and 5 different cables. it's all same.

i followed the "battery calibration thing" in above comment, it didn't work.

someone from other site recommends "clear cache" at recovery mode, i did it, nothing changed.

it is quite sure that it is bug from this update. and i really feel sick about this "fake" chinese brand

every update has bug, audio bug, bluetooth bug, touch bug, and now charging bug.

and it takes months to catchup those reported bugs. and i will get another bug.

during 1 year, since i bought this shit, i could use it only for 3days without bug, since i did first update, well... haha

there is very clear solution to solve this slow charging problem. download old firmware and flash the rom.

i really wanna do that but all of my banking app is connected with my old number and i can refresh the number because of virus shutdown. i need to struggle with this terrible charging speed for 1-2months.

thanks asus, i will buy real chinese phone next time. not fake chinese

• Hi, kindly follow the below steps:

To recalibrate battery, charge your phone to 100% without interruption.

then discharge it normally till 0%(phone gets switched off).

charge it to 100% in switched off condition and keep it in that state for a little more time.

now switch on your phone in charged condition and unplug when ASUS logo appears.

keep the phone unused for 5 mins.

you will get far better battery life as the battery stats.bin file will be updated.

• JWRedPandaJWRedPanda Level 1

Super slow charging speed, it stated need 12hours to fully charged from 50% battery. This occurs right after I update the phone

1. Model Name: ZenFone M1 Max Pro (ASUS_X00TD)
    2. Firmware Version: PKQ1.WW_Phone-16.2017.2004.063-20200407
    3. Rooted or not:Not
    4. Frequency of Occurrence: everytime 9 out of 10 times

SIdenote: The GPS on my phone also does not work most of the time, will always show GPS lost, no signal, while on the other older phone does not have this issue.

• pcyung83pcyung83 Level 1

I'm having the same problem everytime I do the patch update on phone.. I wonder why we must do the workaround to recalibrate the battery everytime after done patch update.. isn't there any solution on this as this issue happened since long time ago when I got this Zenfone Max pro M1. Another issue is the fingerprint and pattern unlock not working at the same time after updated that until I did long press hard restart to make it work.

I'm quite happy with this lower mid-range phone but same issues should not be keep happening and ask users to do workaround everytime. That's my only comments on this phone.

• I thought of recalibrating the battery so it used extensively and discharged it.then I put it on charge went to.sleep at 12 woke up at 8:50 turned the phone on and viola fucking 87 percentage I'm a student so I need the phone for loads of stuff and I can't keep it on for charging for hours and this happened after the patch update ps: when the phone was on 1 percent I plugged it to the charger and it said 23 hours till full charge what the actual cinimon toast fuck is that

• I've had similar problems but I wasn't sure if it was due to the updates. My sot reduced to about 5hours and even less sometimes.

I checked the forum and tried the battery calibration, it took 8hr+ to charge it to 100, which was weird in itself but my sot improved to around 7hours.

But the charging was still a lot slow, so I tried the ampere app and tested the charging amps. Discovered it was (max) 390mA. Which is pretty low. That's why I didn't get "charging rapidly" when under 80%. So I changed the cable and now it gets a little over 1600mA (max), the "charging rapidly" returns as well. Did the calibration again, around 3hours to max charge this time.

Been getting around 10hours+ sot from 2 days now with around 3 hours of casual online games. Maybe would help you too.

This discussion has been closed.