This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Zenfone 5Z vs Zenfone 6 AUDIO

aashna
Star I
I've owned the Zenfone 5Z for a while now, and although the phone altogether is fantastic, a huge issue I've had is audio volume, whether I'm using a wired 3.5mm connection, or Bluetooth. Over Bluetooth it puts nearly half the volume that my Pixel 2 did, or any other phone I've used. Especially frustrating with wireless earbuds.
If anyone has owned a 5Z, experienced this same thing, and has upgraded to a Zenfone 6, or ROG 2, has this been resolved?
The audio quality itself is pretty top notch, and the phones performance is my favorite I've owned, but this is a big enough issue to stop me from spending the money to upgrade to another Asus phone if this hasn't been addressed.
If there's something I can do to fix this on my current phone, please let me know. I've tried to finagle Audio Wizard, and the closest I can get is ramping up all the frequency boosters in the equalizer, but this is still not sufficient.
2 REPLIES 2

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
aashna

I've owned the Zenfone 5Z for a while now, and although the phone altogether is fantastic, a huge issue I've had is audio volume, whether I'm using a wired 3.5mm connection, or Bluetooth. Over Bluetooth it puts nearly half the volume that my Pixel 2 did, or any other phone I've used. Especially frustrating with wireless earbuds.

If anyone has owned a 5Z, experienced this same thing, and has upgraded to a Zenfone 6, or ROG 2, has this been resolved?

The audio quality itself is pretty top notch, and the phones performance is my favorite I've owned, but this is a big enough issue to stop me from spending the money to upgrade to another Asus phone if this hasn't been addressed.

If there's something I can do to fix this on my current phone, please let me know. I've tried to finagle Audio Wizard, and the closest I can get is ramping up all the frequency boosters in the equalizer, but this is still not sufficient.

In Android 8 5Z was loudest of all in A9 it certainly degraded n in A10 we dont even feel that once we had a louder speakers phone nd i personally also observed stereo effect on speaker has gone from gr8 to worse in A10 but also some users are recently saying that after cleaning there speakers from service centre n clearing dust helped them again to boost up volume a bit
And also personally feel this is a delebrate gimmick to gain attention towards latest falgships from asus coz i know still 5Z cn beat various flagships in many aspects n asus want to sell there new flagships with no doubt so we as a users hve to compromise sowhere here n there 😜 hope u understand 🤪

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
aashna

In my comparison of 5z VS ZenFone 6, there's no major difference in either speaker or headphone volume or sound quality. It's slightly better on ZenFone 6 but it's so small you can only notice it if you have both devices at hand.