When can we expect Android 10 stable release for ROG2 ?

When can we expect Android 10 stable release for ROG2 ?

Comments

• IT'S BEEN FEBRUARY AND UPDATES ARE BI-MONTHLY, SO WANTED TO KNOW WHEN WILL WE GET JANUARY SECURITY UPDATES ?

SECONDLY, ANYONE FACING ISSUES OF BATTERY DRAINING THROUGH GOOGLE PLAY SERVICES ?

ANY STEPS TO AVOID GOOGLE PLAY SERVICES FROM BATTERY DRAINING IN THE BACKGROUND ?

• ...Soon ™ 

There is no release date.

• All other flagship phones from other vendors have released 10 long back...Asus seems to be very slow in releasing the update. Bad...

• Why do you want Android 10?

• Yep, it's a joke now.

Android 11 is round the corner. Asus are terrible with software updates

• waxy78611waxy78611 Level 1
    edited February 5

Well security patch for starters, still on October security patch which is very careless of ASUS

Android 10 has new features and brings the phone up to date, is that enough reasons to have it ?

• Hi if you check the above user post the answer to your question is that once ROG Phone II received a major update that's Android 10 the battery performance should improve when talking about the Google play services battery drain. Also, can you tell me the screen on time you receive on ROG?

• We are currently testing the beta version of Android 10, stable release will be release soon. Appreciate your patience.

• Still no android 10???

Security patch still on October.

Nothing from ASUS regarding a new security patch let alone android 10. What's the point of spending a ton of money on a phone which won't get updates?

Asus was a bad move. I came from Xiaomi, seriously wish I didn't. Asus are just useless, slow & rubbish.

• Yes I am also starting to feel the same. The rate my Asus Rog 2 phone's battery is draining i wish I had never bought this phone. It is not what it said to be when it was advertised.

• Many people are facing issues too. With phone not charging, ghost touch, serious over heating, the screen color is reddish, it's a complete joke. Don't get me wrong, the phone was amazing at first, but now it seems Asus don't care. They spend too much of their time on laptops. Don't know why they bothered with phones, they just ripped many people off !

• I don't have any other problems but my battery of Rog phone 2 has started to feel like 3000 mah when it is of 6000 mah. Even the accubattery app has started to show that's it's capacity is only of 3200 mah. Wth the battery of Asus Rog phone 2 degrates to half only in one month of use? Other mobile brands give double the quality in half the price.

• waxy78611waxy78611 Level 1
    edited February 11

Tbh I'm having AMAZING battery life, I'm just concerned about the outdated security patch. I've had my ROG 2 since last year October

• I understand you are working on beta releases. But it is a crime to not provide security updates. My phone's security patch is on October. Kindly do something about it. It would be great if we could have a tentative timeline on android 10 update to stable channel as well.

• i'M GETTING ABOUT 8 HOURS OF SCREEN ON TIME. I FOLLOWED SOME STEPS LIKE DISABLING AUTO SYNC AND BACK UP OPTION AND REMOVING OPTIONS IN GOOGLE PLAY SERVICES. I USE 60HZ USUALLY AND PLAY LESS GAMES.

CAN SEE SCREE FLICKERING WHEN YOU TURN FROM 60HZ TO 90HZ OR 120HZ , YOU CAN SEE THIS MKBHD VIDEO REVIEW FOR ROG PHONE 2 AS WELL.

STILL HAVEN'T GOT ANDROID 10 , PLANNING TO SWITCH MY PHONE.

• The Playstore Drain is a widespread Android problem. Nothing to do with Asus. Pixel phones and pretty much any other phone suffer from it at some point. I've personally never had it. But, I am in the Beta test for Google Play Services.

Also, there isn't going to be a security update til Android 10 is out of Beta for the ROG II. Unless you somehow install corporate apps on your phone. The security updates are not important. Don't install sketchy stuff on your phone or let other people use it and it won't matter.

• Can you tell how SOT you are getting ? what kinda user are you?

• I normally have mine plugged in all day with Battery Care keeping it at 80% charge.

But looking back at the history from when it was unplugged. I played a game for 4 hours and had the screen on for almost 7 hours. It only used like 20-30% of my battery.

I keep the screen around 20-40% brightness and 60Hz mode. I use a glitch in the Armory Crate to make my games run at double frame rate. I also don't use the X-Mode. I keep it as System Default. Since I hit the 60-120 FPS cap in the games I play without it.