Multiple Issues in ROG phone 2 after 2 months usage
Hi guys !
I got my ROG 2 among the first batch in India . It's currently running on android 9 , 1st October security patch ,kernel 4.14.83 .
some issues i am facing -
- Screen freezes in the middle of gaming, especially while playing call of duty, the screen just freezes but i can still hear the audio and people chatting , i have to go back to home screen , clear the game from memory and restart it.
- fingerprint scanner is really really slow , i have a 3.5 year lenovo phone whose finger print scanner is faster than ROG 2, second if an app has app lock and the screen times out when that app is open then the system UI crashes hen i open the phone lock using fingerprint scanner, i have to lock the screen and open again .
- ear speaker crackles when on a phone call, this happens only when i am on a call, the speaker makes crackle noises .
- The macro mode in the camera is probably one of the most difficult thing i have deal with in photography, it does not focus on the subject at all , i have struggle with various angles and distances to figure out when it wants to work.
- Pocket mode is probably a useless feature on the phone as the phone has pocket dialed emergency services multiple times.
- The screen brightness is a major issue , the lowest brightness setting can still act like a torch light in pitch dark places ( it's way too bright!) . The other strange thing i have noticed is when i step into direct sunlight the auto brightness sensor really struggles , the brightness incremental is so slow that i can basically see the brightness increases in sorta like step wise like flickering.
and last updates guys come on! i am not asking for android 10 but security updates or updates to fix simple bugs , anything at all ! one of my family member is using zenfone max M2 and it is running on December 5th update and i am using a premium phone released in 2019 that is running on android 9 october 1st update .
other than the above issues am really glad i bought this phone , it's a beast of phone and definitely a head turner in a crowd.