You'll have to manually update to Android 10 and you'll not receive it on your phone automatically.
Please make sure to backup your data before installing Android 10.
Download image "Version WW-17.2017.2004.424" from our support site: https://www.asus.com/supportonly/ZenFone%20Max%20Pro(M1)(ZB601KL)/HelpDesk_BIOS/
Steps of Update:
1. Check software version of your device**
2. Download the image and then put the file into the root directory of the device internal storage
3. Only apply to same SKU update, Example: WW->WW, CN->CN, TW->TW.
4. Software update cannot transfer the software SKU and downgrade the software version.
5. Wrong SKU may cause update failure, please update the same SKU version only.
6. When occurred unexpected password key in request during upgrade to Android 10 please follow below link to recover the system.http://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1042350
Thank you and have a nice day 🙂