cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase touchscreen resolution while scrolling

MiniLink
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 (ZB602KL)
Firmware Version: PKQ1.WW_Phone-16.2017.2009.087-20200826
Rooted or not: Not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Constantly
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I just replaced my phone's screen at a local phone repair place and they replaced my screen with a local off-market one. Its display and touch resolution are good but it becomes awful when I move my finger slowly across the screen. It happens throughout the entire phone and it seems like the display updates only when I move my finger in 20 pixel increments. I have attached a recording of the problem with the my touch locations visible for a better understanding of the problem. Even with the locations visible, my finger was actually a few dozen pixels ahead of the spot I was supposedly at so there also seems to be a ghost touch issue.
Things I tried:
Rebooting
Clearing the system cache
Disabling developer options
Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.
3 REPLIES 3

Jiaszzz_ASUS
Hello MiniLink,
Thank you for providing the video.
Did you repair it at an ASUS official repair center? If yes, please provide the RMA number so that I can help you confirm the repair status.
To fix this issue, you can also try to restore your phone to factory settings. Please make sure that data backup has been completed before restoring your device..
[Phone] How to back up the data stored in your phone ? | Official Support | ASUS Global
[Phone] How to do the factory reset on your phone? | Official Support | ASUS USA

MiniLink
Star I
Hi, thank you for your response. Unfortunately I don't speak chinese so I had to go through google translate first. If I understood right you're asking me if I went to an ASUS repair shop and to try to factory reset my phone. I don't have any official repair shops near me so I didn't try that but it seems like it's worth going through the effort. I will also try to factory reset my phone and keep you posted!

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.