Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Max Pro M1 (3/32), ASUS_X00TD
Firmware Version: QKQ1.WW_Phone-17.2017.2006.429-20200614
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Android 10-Beta 3 (build .429)
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
Hello, I'm from Indonesia. This is my first time updating my device to Beta version for android 10. I want to give it a try because I want to see what's new in android 10 by myself. I don't know when Asus will release a stable version of android 10 Max Pro M1. So ... I want to try it. I know it's still AOSP or beta update but there is nothing wrong to try it right? (I'm hesitant to try the custom rom because I have to mess with my device with other modifications so that it can make the warranty disappear).
For 5 days I tried Android 10 beta 3 and this is the experience I encountered. (I've seen this discussion before here too. They said about bugs in android 10 beta 3. But I can try it and in case I find another bug and rewrite it here. Sorry for bad english...
Found Bug :
1. Unexpected password when updating to Android 10. It shows they need alpha numeric to unlock but I've never set a password before. Because of this I have to delete all internal data (fortunately I backed up my data before updating). I forget to get photo or video for it. And I don't want to face that again. (I think the solution is set your password before updating?)
2. No Bass. This bug is very annoying for me who is used to listening to music. But since I updated to this android 10 Beta. This bug occurs. (How this record this Bass less Sound? How I can record internal sound to record this bug?) Every user have this same issue however.
I know there is already discussion about this here. I've been looking for various ways such as restarting the device, clear cache, etc. But everything doesn't work. This bug occurs for headphone users. Not only does it interfere with music, it also interferes with experiences like gaming or watching videos. There are other options on Google especially on YouTube if you need to uninstall icepower.icesound using adb through fast booting. Unfortunately I don't want to mess with that. Even if using an equilizer, it still doesn't really help. I Hope Asus will fix this bug as soon as possible.
3. Weird white search bar issue? On Dark theme? (This is just a minor bug in my opinion. I rarely access that feature)
4. Missing android default File Manager. (Is this actually a bug too?)
5. Asus File manager Force close for no reason. This didn't happen in Android 9 before. (Looks like this doesn't apply to google files. Is this because it's a third party app?)
6. The Vibrations for keyboard (like inputting password) to loud. (Solution for me is to turn off vibration in settings)
7. The new Navigation feature confuses me. It's like glitches When transitioning from a Horizontal style application to a Vertical application and vice versa. (Look at video)
8. Camera Feature. I noticed that the auto focus doesn't work very well compared to the old version on Android 9.There is no Time lapse mode (Previously this feature was in Android 9). By the way, how about Panorama setting? Will asus add it?
9. Camera Gallery Bug. It's have a very slow to respond.
10. Google search bar Stuck on home screen. It's okay for me. (Someone said that's a bug)
11. Is it actually a bug? (See pictures or video bellow)
Look! What's bellow the navigation menu ^
There is app that get covered by 3 navigation menu. Because of that, it get little difficult to get into that app...
My main problem is that Missing Bass sound. I think that was the major bug. (Maybe due to the Covid-19, Asus has a "pending" update for max pro M1 or M2)