cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenFone 9 randomly restarts

HelpingHand
Rising Star I
Hi all,
I bought an Asus ZenFone 9 from the UK online store. I started to migrate the apps from my old phone to the zf9 and once I finished I started to use my new ZenFone 9 as my main phone. However, I noticed around 3 dso that when i wentato unplug a fter charging the phone it looked as if it has been restarted. I thought it was a software update that somehow just did that so I didn't pay attention but then it repeated again and again every day since.

I started paying attention to it and started trying to disable certain features to see if that made a difference: disabled mobile data, left everything on and now I'm on airplane mode with WiFi on.

I upgraded to the latest version that was pushed some days ago hoping that it would magically solve the issue but... it didn't!

I quick Google Search revealed that sadly this issue is not that uncommon, and has already happened in the UK and Germany to other ZenFone 9 owners.

Is this a hardware problem? Is there a fix or a patch other than simply perform a factory reset and keep seeing the same issue? Can please someone from Asus look into this issue?
Plehank youase tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ZenFone 9
Firmware Version: WW_32.2040.2040.23
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence: every day
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): not related to an app
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
=================================

screenshot-20220929-111646-settings.jpg
screenshot-20220929-111703-settings.jpg

Scenario: use the phone as usual, leave the phone idle a few times a day, at some point, when you try to use the phone after it sat idle for some time you'll notice that it had restarted because you'll be asked to enter your password again and about/ status will show an up time of just a few minutes
291 REPLIES 291

Dranivil
Star III
If after changing the motherboard the problem has been solved, the problem is definitely a hardware one. Any attempt by Asus to push out an update or try to get the user to wait for a software fix is just wasting time. Even if a potential software update covers up the problem, the phone would still have that problem and it would happen with another ROM without that patch, so it is unacceptable. What Asus has to do is accept the bug, search for the affected batch and set up a replacement plan by announcing it on the support page.

andreas_r
Star II
HelpingHand

Hi @andreas_r , I'm the original poster and you seem to have the same issue I had. I'd advise to follow the solution I posted a few posts back. After having the motherboard/mainboard replaced I haven't experienced any restarts. Good luck

View post
Thanks, not sure what solution you refer to tho . Anyway ill be sending another RMA request for this issue then.
And it did reboot (as i suspected) after the simcards were in place, as the below image shows. Got me a 66Mb logfile as well, is that something anyone whats for analyzing @Mattias_ASUS ?

zenfone.png
br
Andreas

Mattias_ASUS
andreas_r

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/240683#Comment_240683

Thanks, not sure what solution you refer to tho . Anyway ill be sending another RMA request for this issue then.

And it did reboot (as i suspected) after the simcards were in place, as the below image shows. Got me a 66Mb logfile as well, is that something anyone whats for analyzing @Mattias_ASUS ?

zenfone.png

br

Andreas

View post
I'm sending you a PM 🙂

SeaCity
Rising Star I
andreas_r

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/240683#Comment_240683

zenfone.png

br

Andreas

View post
It could just be a coincidence. For me it does 1 or 2 reboots in the same day and then nothing for at least a week. Otherwise the smartphone is perfect in everything. Simply remove the PIN from the SIM and resolve until the final solution is found. Meanwhile, today he received A13 via OTA.

b_preslavski
Star III
After the Android 13 update I had a restart this night, during charging.