cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenFone 9 randomly restarts

HelpingHand
Rising Star I
Hi all,
I bought an Asus ZenFone 9 from the UK online store. I started to migrate the apps from my old phone to the zf9 and once I finished I started to use my new ZenFone 9 as my main phone. However, I noticed around 3 dso that when i wentato unplug a fter charging the phone it looked as if it has been restarted. I thought it was a software update that somehow just did that so I didn't pay attention but then it repeated again and again every day since.

I started paying attention to it and started trying to disable certain features to see if that made a difference: disabled mobile data, left everything on and now I'm on airplane mode with WiFi on.

I upgraded to the latest version that was pushed some days ago hoping that it would magically solve the issue but... it didn't!

I quick Google Search revealed that sadly this issue is not that uncommon, and has already happened in the UK and Germany to other ZenFone 9 owners.

Is this a hardware problem? Is there a fix or a patch other than simply perform a factory reset and keep seeing the same issue? Can please someone from Asus look into this issue?
Plehank youase tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ZenFone 9
Firmware Version: WW_32.2040.2040.23
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence: every day
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): not related to an app
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
=================================

screenshot-20220929-111646-settings.jpg
screenshot-20220929-111703-settings.jpg

Scenario: use the phone as usual, leave the phone idle a few times a day, at some point, when you try to use the phone after it sat idle for some time you'll notice that it had restarted because you'll be asked to enter your password again and about/ status will show an up time of just a few minutes
291 REPLIES 291

ArjanB
Star III
Smartscreen is on since i got the phone, it has never rebooted spontaneous once,
So is there something i could help you guys with ?

SeaCity
Rising Star I
ArjanB

Smartscreen is on since i got the phone, it has never rebooted spontaneous once,

So is there something i could help you guys with ?

View post
Thanks for your time. It could be useful to know if in the box of the Zenfone 9 Smartphone the writings are translated into English or if they are totally in Chinese? This question is also addressed to all other users. In mine the writings are all in Chinese. Thank you

ArjanB
Star III
The writing on the back is combined english and chinese.
photo-2022-11-15-09-50-12.jpg

Jack81
Star III
Airedale

I turned off the Smart Screen this morning and have had no spontaneous reboots in the last 23 hours. I haven't updated with today's firmware yet, I still have version 2050.29

View post
Same here. >24 hours actually. Pretty unusual. But too early to call

Jack81
Star III
Jack81

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/237239#Comment_237239

Same here. >24 hours actually. Pretty unusual. But too early to call

View post
It has rebooted, as usual when idled