This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 9 randomly restarts almost every night (since around a month ago)

crowles
Star I

As per title, my ZenFone 9 since a few months ago has randomly started restarting at night. The issue has become more and more frequent, to the point that now it restarts literally every night.

At nighttime I usually have it fast charging (with max charge set at 90%), with WiFi on (max signal) and Do Not Disturb mode that automatically disables itself at a time that i can pick when I enable it.

The random reboot also happened sometimes at daytime too, always while it was idle and charging.

I'm going crazy because I don't use the default alarm app (I need to use one with obstacles enabled in order to not fall asleep again), so when the phone randomly restarts while I'm asleep, my alarm doesn't ring. This has created me multiple problems where I missed important appointments because of the alarm not activating due to the random reboots (I have to enter my phone's pin at startup, so until I do that of course the alarm app wouldn't ring).

I already saw that it's an issue reported in another closed thread , so I already did the collect-log-through-the-calculator-thing. If anyone of the support team would kindly reply, I already have the log file ready to send.

Other device info:

1000036554.png

1000036555.png

8 REPLIES 8

Yeah I DM'd you the logs on Tuesday already.

tochmi
Zen Master I

I hope @Mansi_ASUS can help you!

LeifSabellek
Star I

I have the same issue. My Asus Zenfone 9 restarts every night while charging. That happened already many days in a row. Today I wanted to charge it only for a short time, and when I checked, it had already restarted itself and was not even fully charged. What can I do?

I'm not sure because they haven't replied to me since when I sent them the log files two weeks ago. 😞