This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 9 not receiving texts on T-Mobile

nicely2x
Star I

I'm randomly not receiving text messages through T-Mobile.  (All of my outgoing messages are fine.) There does not seem to be a pattern from the phone/network/OS that sends the message.  I could be in the middle of a chat conversation and suddenly a message gets lost.   Regardless, it's a continuing issue. The message(s) is listed in the usage details of my account, but it never makes it to my phone.  I've run a couple of third party apps Chomp/Textra and am currently using Messages. 

I've been on the phone endlessly with T-Mobile, got a new sim card,  and even sent in my phone for repair. This never happened on my old Galaxy S10se that I re-used (with the same Sim card) while my Zenfone was out for repair.

I have all the latest updates and have had no other issues with any other function of the phone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

keren_ASUS

Hi @nicely2x 

Can you verify if your phone is the C version meant for the USA?

Also, if you haven't already, try resetting the network settings and see if that helps just in case a setting issue.

Additionally please let me know if this exclusively happens on the native message app or if it's also happening on the third-party apps you mentioned. And when you say you sent your phone for repairs, was this with the ASUS service center? 

Thank you! 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

keren_ASUS

Hi @nicely2x 

Can you verify if your phone is the C version meant for the USA?

Also, if you haven't already, try resetting the network settings and see if that helps just in case a setting issue.

Additionally please let me know if this exclusively happens on the native message app or if it's also happening on the third-party apps you mentioned. And when you say you sent your phone for repairs, was this with the ASUS service center? 

Thank you! 

The serial # ends in C and I bought this directly from Asus as well as sent directly back for "repair." Where it costs me the shipping and still experienced the same issues.

I switched from Chomp/Textra and am now using Messages.

I haven't lost any messages in the few days since the switch, but not confident, yet, the issue is resolved. The problem was more intermittent than constant.

nicely2x
Star I

It is model AI2202 which seems to be the US version.

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.