This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 9 - No gps tag on images

aperg
Star I

I just noticed that none of my images have a GPS tag. This happens with the default camera app (but also with GCam and OpenCamera). Location services are enabled in the app, all rights are granted and GPS is working. I can see the correct position in any other non-camera app. The Android settings tell me that no camera app has requested access to the location. Is this a known problem?

Firmware Version: WW_33.0804.2060.88
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence: always

3 REPLIES 3

sonoro
Star III

Did you already try to switch off and then again switch on the "Location Services" in the camera app directly?

Camera app -> Settings (cogwheel icon) -> Location Services

For me, everything works as expected, so it doesn't seem to be a general issue. 

aperg
Star I

I appreciate the response. I have changed the setting several times and also completely reset the app. However, knowing that it probably was a problem on my end, I have found the cause, at least in part: the Android service for the Google Location History was disabled. After I enabled it, the default camera app asked me to also enable Google Location Services and now my pictures have a location tag. GCam also works correctly now. Only OpenCamera still tells me that the location is not available.

Unfortunately, unlike GCam, the default camera app requires the Google location services to be enabled. If you do not agree, the "Location Services" are deactivated in the settings. GCam works just fine without.

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.