This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 9 disapointment.

Tono
Star I
I've had my Zenfone 9 for about 2 weeks now and this is what I've found. I had the Zenfone 8 and I liked it so much I thought the "9" would be a step up. To be honest it has disappointed me in some important areas that I've actually gone back to the "8".
Cons of the "9"
1) No FM radio.
2) No notification light.
3) The speakers are so much worse than the "8" it's unbelievable.
4) I've got 2 SIM cards, one is my main the other is out of area use and usually turned off.
Trouble is that when the phone is turned off and on again both cards become active again. This doesn't happen with the "8".
Yes, yes I understand these are unique bugs to myself and probably won't affect you.
I'm just trying to indicate some failings of the Zenfone 9.
I understand we all have our own opinions and these are mine.
Overall I would rate the "8" as the best phone ever despite it's not too bad battery life.
There you go.

6 REPLIES 6

flolaff
Star III
Tono

I've had my Zenfone 9 for about 2 weeks now and this is what I've found. I had the Zenfone 8 and I liked it so much I thought the "9" would be a step up. To be honest it has disappointed me in some important areas that I've actually gone back to the "8".

Cons of the "9"

1) No FM radio.

2) No notification light.

3) The speakers are so much worse than the "8" it's unbelievable.

4) I've got 2 SIM cards, one is my main the other is out of area use and usually turned off.

Trouble is that when the phone is turned off and on again both cards become active again. This doesn't happen with the "8".

Yes, yes I understand these are unique bugs to myself and probably won't affect you.

I'm just trying to indicate some failings of the Zenfone 9.

I understand we all have our own opinions and these are mine.

Overall I would rate the "8" as the best phone ever despite it's not too bad battery life.

There you go.

Zenfone 9 disapointment.
1) Doesn't affect me
2) Slightly annoying indeed
3) Not normal at all, the speakers on the ZF9 are much better than on my ZF8, if it's not the case you have a defect.
4) Noticed that too, will surely get fixed with an OTA update

Overall the ZF9 is in my experience significantly better, especially the battery life and smoothness. Can't complain too much

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.