Cliffany
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

Model Name: ZENFONE 9

Firmware Version: NEW OUT OF BOX
Rooted or not:

Frequency of Occurrence: 2

APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

I purchased my zenfone 9 new from asus. I went threw the initial process of turning on the phone, which includes loading up your old phone (which did not and still does not have any security issues). After that they asked me to register the phone. I plugged in the serial number, double checked it and get met with " this device has already been activated"

within minutes the phone was remote accessed and they ran a script that locked me out and I watched everything disappear and then reboot back to square one. I lost 4 emails with backed up photos etc dating back to 2005, blemished credit from having to cancel lines of credit attached to those accounts (they froze the accounts from too many attempts to access) 2 phone numbers, sim cards, had to buy another phone as my zf9 was confirmed useless after trying the first new phone number and sim card, and setting up without the back up if my old phone. they still had access to the phone because of the IMEI and SN. Plus days out of work to resolve these issues. And I'm over a week into the claim and still no resolution.

All I asked for was a new phone and a return label to send the old one back. They want to flash my phone with a new s/n and imei and call it good. I'm saying I ordered a brand new phone and I got one with someone already in it. Who knows what they could have compromised while in my phone, so no, I don't want the initial one I received. And in the end of it all, I'm still in the return window...so quit making things difficult. I don't want to wait for a return and then order another one (awesome phone)

So here I am, 10 days or so in, 47 hours into my second 48 hour wait to hear back from the "tech guys" and having to talk to 8 people who all ask the same questions and try to place the fault on me.

Do better asus, this isn't a Microsoft word serial number issue. Imei and s/n should NOT be in someone else's hands. I think everyone knows absolutely do not give out that information to anyone except an affilate support member trying to help.

0 REPLIES 0