cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 9 Battery Drain by "Others"

bLackShadow7
Star II
Hello,
I have just bought a Zenfone 9 last week and I am having bad battery life. The SOT is roughly 3 to 4 hours. I can see most of the battery is consuming by "Others".
Is it normal?
Model Name: Zenfone 9
Firmware Version: 32.2050.2050.34
I am really disappointed with the battery performance so far.

Thank you
screenshot-20221201-111501-settings.jpg

97 REPLIES 97

Sure, your welcome. Really hope that you can get better result than me.

I will try the Bluetooth thing, I usually use Bluetooth in the car but hardly been using it on my galaxy buds, today I had 27 percent usuage from others, not sure if anyone has fixed the issue. Please come up with a fix, essentially we are using the phone with 70 percent capacity, I don't have much apps, do you think it might be apps like Facebook/instagram causing it? I disabled my Facebook messenger and most apps, we should probably try using the phone with almost no apps and install 1 by 1 to see, hopefully ASUS provides a solution, its going on for too long.

sorry, to give context on a seperate post, someone said it could be Bluetooth related, not sure though.

Boisenberry
Rising Star I

Same for me, I don't want to do a factory reset again and my turning off auto start didn't seem to solve my issue after a day.  I'm back to 30% other and battery life has gone to 9 hours so two charges a day.  Also, my upper left back side (opposite the camera) gets really hot which leads me to think something is making the phone run at full capacity.  Confirmed today no malware and I only download from app store.  I'm still removing apps but I'm starting to think it isn't app related anymore.  I don't really want to run in ultra durable mode all the time but I'll try it and see if that improves.   Still no fix from Asus? I love the phone but I'm starting to realize that a company that really works to fix issues is better even on mediocre phone might be better than this.... 

Makaizou
Star II

Sory, just to clarify. I only tried this method with my phone OS version WW_33.0804.2060.100. I can't guarantee that it will work the same for the other. But I reached this conclusion after I do experiment by reset factory 4 times(with trial and error). My opinion that it has 2 suspect. 1 maybe it had connection with Asus battery care (set it up for scheduled charging and limit it to 80%). The reason was because the difference result between charging with handheld power off(after fully charged and turn on,you can see "other" in *battery usage*) and charging with handheld turned on(and let Asus battery care handle our charging, and prevent "other" from showing up even until now). Maybe someone can explain it?. Suspect no 2 was the notification to update my OS to android 13(800Mb). Even though I already setting it to manual update( Not the auto update on WiFi or internet) the notification always appear daily, even though I prevent it(force closed it and make it not drain my battery in background). So whats the point for Auto manager to prevent apps working in background. Update System always took my screen time and give me notification to update my firmware. The option to turn it off seems blocked.  Sorry for my bad English