cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 9 Battery Drain by "Others"

bLackShadow7
Star II
Hello,
I have just bought a Zenfone 9 last week and I am having bad battery life. The SOT is roughly 3 to 4 hours. I can see most of the battery is consuming by "Others".
Is it normal?
Model Name: Zenfone 9
Firmware Version: 32.2050.2050.34
I am really disappointed with the battery performance so far.

Thank you
screenshot-20221201-111501-settings.jpg

97 REPLIES 97

I noticed that a number of apps I use (Samsung Health for example) do not show up in my usage on this phone which is super strange, they show up on my other phone (Pixel 6).  I stopped all apps from auto starting which has caused me some issues and uninstalled every app that is not 100% necessary and some that were like Samsung Health , watch plugin, etc., and I saw an improvement.  I feel for me it's app related and the system isn't blocking it, reporting it to me, or showing me the cause.  At any rate, massive Asus failure.  'Others has returned to around 20% which imo is still to high but at least I'm no longer in the 50%+ and my battery life has stabilized although my Pixel 6 is actually better (which is really sad)  without any restrictions or missing app I need.  I'm going to start adding apps back in and see if theres some rogue process that just won't stop.  

Makaizou
Star II

Hello

Maybe you can try this

I have the same problem too. My battery drain with "other" consumed my 41%. At first, I just changed my battery performance from "dynamic" to "durable" and it works. The "other"s percentages just lowering from 41% to 21% . I stayed at android 12 and figured out that after I charged my phone with "turned off" condition and use it again, my battery estimated lenght only 9 hours(my battery was 80%). Tried to change it to "dynamic "mode again, but only got the same estimated lenght. Try again with "ultra durable" and only got the same result display. The "other" also consumed bigger again(36% up) even though I changed from durable/ ultra/ dynamic. So I factory reset my phone, turn off my auto manager to deny my application from auto start(background app seems the cause) and voila, my dearest "other" didn't show up in my battery usage. To prevent "other" from showing again (thanks for reply before me in this topic ,who tells that he factory reset his phone and got normal performance for couple days) just don't charge your phone with "turn off condition ", charge it with turn on condition. I used this method for couple days, and I can finally say goodbye to "other". I can play my game for 9 hours from 80% to 25% . Really hope it can help.  Love this phone. ( I have questions though, which is better, charging phone with turn off or with turn on condition?) Tq

hi, could you please clarify what you mean by 'turn off condition'? this issue has been affecting me for quite a long time, i'm eager to finally be rid of it. could you highlight the steps you took to prevent it from ever showing up again? thanks in advance!

Sory , what I mean with "turn off" condition is usually I always charged my phone after "power off" my phone. Now I charged it only after I turn my "airplane mode" and didn't bother to "power off" first( turn on condition). That simple. But first, you must factory reset your phone. At first, "other" will still exist if you open "battery usage" but it will disappear after a moment( first it will show 0,1% and then it vanished) sorry for my bad english

no problem, I understand now. thank you very much!