Did you mean: 

Zenfone 9 and Android Auto issue

acorrob
Star II

Model Name: Asus Zenfone 9
Firmware Version: WW_32.2030.2030.26
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Android Auto 8.0.623354
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

Hello! My problem is related to the connection of Android Auto with the Asus Zenfone 9. I have tried all kinds of cables, reset the terminal to factory, uninstall app, clean cache etc etc... and I can't get my car to detect the Asus Zenfone 9 with Android Auto. I have tried other phones like Samsung A32 5G, Samsung A13 and it works, Huawei P30 pro too. If that's any help, my car is a Mazda 6.

Could you help me? Can I send some kind of log?

Thank you!

15 REPLIES 15

acorrob
Star II
Mansi_ASUS

Hey @acorrob,

I will be reporting the issue to the R&D team. Till then can you tell me what Android Auto version are you currently using?

View post
Audroid Auto 8.0.623354. I can send you a full report that I did for Google if you want.
Thanks!

Roystoys
Zen Master III
Android auto is always a nightmare. If you can't get wired AA I wouldn't suggest a wireless dongle because if your car is not detecting it over a cable I doubt it will detect it wirelessly,at least hold of until you can actually connect to it

Mansi_ASUS
Hey @acorrob, I heard back from the R&D team. They require the following information to conduct a further investigation-
Screenshots recording the detailed time when a problem occurs
Log details
You can share these details via PM.
Please follow the below steps to enable the built-in log tool (Bug reporter).
1.  Open “Calculator APP”
2.  Enter “.19595+=”
3.  Select the Log type according to the type of issue you want to capture. “General cases” will work for most issues.
4.  After your selection the log tool will exit so you can duplicate the issue or wait for it to happen. Try to use the screen recorder to show your issue when possible. If you can't screen record your issue, then please take a screenshot right after the issue has occurred (as a timestamp) so we know where to look in the log.
5.  Navigate back to the log tool via calculator and Tap "FINISH AND SHARE".
6. It takes several minutes for the log to generate. You can exit and do other stuff in the meantime. A silent notification will tell you once the process is done. Tap the notification and then the share button to upload the file to Google Drive and share the link with a moderator. Just make sure to change the permission first so that everyone with the link has permission to view it.
Note: When you're no longer planning on logging your device, enter “.09595+=” in the calculator and the log tool will stop as well as deleting all stored log files. Make sure to share via calculator. The files found in internal storage -> asus_log are not the correct files (they are only 1.2kb)

MiguelAnjo
Star I
Hi,
This worked with my Asus:
Use a cable with old USB connector + adapter to usb-c. Basically there is a problem with direct cable interference. Need something that makes it go through a switch. Probably also these cables with multi connector will work. Just a simple direct cable does not.

landsome
Rising Star II
MiguelAnjo

Hi,

This worked with my Asus:

Use a cable with old USB connector + adapter to usb-c. Basically there is a problem with direct cable interference. Need something that makes it go through a switch. Probably also these cables with multi connector will work. Just a simple direct cable does not.

View post
This worked for me on the Zenfone 8, which would usually disconnect / reconnect / disconnect etc. with regular cables.