This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 9 - 25% drain from "others"

Biggie
Rising Star I

So i love my zenfone 9 so far. But ive had a bit of mixed results when it comes to the phones battery life. The first few days was amazing, FW was 34.2050.2050.32 and i could easily get 6h of SOT even if i set max charging to 90%. Then Android 13 came around the corner and i happened to get the update a week or two later. Updated it and it ran pretty good with nice new features, but battery life got worse. Could barely get 4h SOT. Decided that a downgrade to 32.2050.2050.34 with a clean wipe would be best option. So i did exactly that. Except, it didnt really help much. Still could barely get 4h SOT. 

I was looking around a bit on Google but didnt find much that helped me, so my latest attempt was to just upgrade to android 13 once again, and it somehow worked, even without doing a complete wipe. I was finally able to get that 6h+ of SOT. Except it got nerfed like a day after. What i have noticed about this issue though is that it only happens when im driving around in my car or anywhere else than home. I suspected the issue was just 4G and the bluetooth draining the battery. But checking the battery usage shows that 4G only used around 4.5% and bluetooth barely used 0.5%. So those two cant be the issue.

Scrolling all the way down however reveals that ~25% of the battery has been drained by "others". Cant check the specific apps under that category so im kinda lost.

I saw another similare post but older that also had the same issue, however the thread was closed. So im posting my own in hopes of fixing this issue. Ill see if i can get a log of tomorrows battery consumption.

19 REPLIES 19

gmbhneo88
Star III

Same issue here. The battery really runs out fast by the screen and others. I really don't use my phone this much, but the battery lasts for a day at all. This really is not a lot. Sure, the battery is "big" in terms of the size of the device, but only a day with little use sounds like a software issue.

andrew120591
Star I

Hi i have same problem after last update [230130] ZenFone 9 _WW/EU_33.0804.2060.88, before this i got SOT aroun 5-6h only on wifi, bluetooth on, sim cards disabled. Now with same set i got only 2-4 h most of the day phone is in my pocket and should sleep. Im charging phone from 15-20% to 80%. Yesterday i saw that in battery use 20% of battery used "other". Im using also accu battery and i found there only that only half time when screen is off phone is going in Deep sleep. I cant find what is the problem.

brunodefilippo
Star II

Hey, I'm on Zenfone 8 Flip but I'm encountering the same issue. I'm just trying to not let this go under the radar, it's a well known issue and no help from Asus has arrived so far (mind you, "Others" have been haunting my battery life for the last 5 months or so). 

I'm currently trying to pinpoint the issue through BetterBatteryStats, but it did not help so far. 

andrew120591
Star I

Im seeing a problem only when im not using my zenfone 9 a lot during a day when im busy at work, like today. After all day at work i was using screen only for 2hours, flight mode on, wifi on, bt and gps on. And still 5% battery used by others. From 12h of using a phone 10hours was with screen off but phone was in Deep sleep only for 6h 48min (70% of time). So im thinking something is blocking phone to not going in Deep sleep. U dont have problems when im using phone non stop like yt, games, Netflix etc. I can easy have 6h of SOT on wifi and flight mode on. 

Same here! I noticed too that the battery drain happens mainly when the device should be on deep sleep. Have you checked with BetterBatteryStats or a similar app? It can tell you which Wakelock has woken your phone from deep sleep, so it might help you determine if there's an app you can block to solve the issue