This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Others" Battery Drainage Possible Cause

Biggie
Rising Star I

So i made a similare post a few months ago in hopes of someone finding a fix or at least a cause behind it all. Well i did in fact find a fix for it and possibly whats causing it. The fix was just to factory reset the phone. Had AMAZING battery life after the reset, BUT only for a few days. Its been 7 days since i reset the phone and its back to "normal" with "Others" draining the battery once again. 

The thing is, within the span of the issue coming back and the battery draining i also got myself a nice pair of Bluetooth headphones for work. So i believe Bluetooth is behind "Others" draining the battery. Before i got the headphones i could easily get 6h SOT with 14-17h idle. WITH Bluetooth enabled for 6-7h a day i can barely get 4h like before. Checking the battery graph however reveals that Bluetooth have only used MAX 5% throughout the day, while "Others" are back at 20-25%. Im going to check if not using Bluetooth for an entire day allows me to get those 6h SOT back.

Should also note that before i factory reset the phone, the only time i actually had issues with "others" draining the battery was while i was driving around with my car, WITH Bluetooth enabled for music. Seems kinda suspicious that the issue came back when i finally started using Bluetooth again.

In short: factory reset gave me great battery life. Got Bluetooth headphones so Bluetooth was active for 6-7h a day, Bluetooth however only used 5% battery while "others" are back at 20-25%.

14 REPLIES 14

Jurigag
Star II

I guess I am also gonna try this. I had this issue from forever it seems because I always used bluetooth headphones. So it really seems to me like broken hardware since android can't report it as bluetooth. Will try day or one without using bluettoth at all(using mi band currently) and will see how battery is going. If there is gonna be so drastic change I will probably return a phone to my seller, ignoring asus service at all.

Let me know how it turned out. 

I would love to hear some other opinions, are there people using the Bluetooth all the time and getting good battery life?

Okay, some first thing to report - disabled bluetooth for whole day, I am using custom kernel(but stock OS) and some other things to improve battery life. So on my zenfone 8(another thing that indicates problem with software, because same seems happening here on zenfone 9) 26 hours battery life for now(from 90%). 2h SOT, 1h facebook lite, 9% others usage, 55% battery remaining. With bluetooth on it would be like 30-40% others already and 10-20% battery remaining so there is huge difference. Will see at the end of day how it's going.

Mansi_ASUS

Hey,
Can you guys please share the log file?

Please follow the below steps to enable the built-in log tool (Bug reporter).
1. Open “Calculator APP”
2. Enter “.19595+=”
3. Select the Log type according to the type of issue you want to capture. “General cases” will work for most issues.
4. After your selection the log tool will exit so you can duplicate the issue or wait for it to happen. Try to use the screen recorder to show your issue when possible. If you can't screen record your issue, then please take a screenshot right after the issue has occurred (as a timestamp) so we know where to look in the log.
5. Navigate back to the log tool via calculator and Tap "FINISH AND SHARE".
6. It takes several minutes for the log to generate. You can exit and do other stuff in the meantime. A silent notification will tell you once the process is done. Tap the notification and then the share button to upload the file to Google Drive and share the link with a moderator. Just make sure to change the permission first so that everyone with the link can view it.
Note: When you're no longer planning on logging your device, enter “.09595+=” in the calculator and the log tool will stop as well as deleting all stored log files. Make sure to share via calculator. The files found in internal storage -> asus_log are not the correct files (they are only 1.2kb)

Not sure if this helps  since the battery drainage when Bluetooth on is in question.

I turned off Bluetooth at the end of the log so you can compare.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/170q2-wfo730YV_OM3xBn_l0q3LvOybad/view?usp=drivesdk