Did you mean: 

no wifi calls on my zenfone 9

Br4Nk0
Star I

Model Name: ASUS ZenFone 9 256 GB/8GB
Firmware Version:33.0804.2060.113
Rooted or not: device status also not showing
Frequency of Occurrence: Constantly
Wifi calling option not existant, #*#3642623344#*# does nothing but closer the dailer.

I work at mines where wifi is only available and no signal with my carrier.  I have a same Telstra card that worked fine in galaxy a53. 

31 REPLIES 31

NewAje
Star II

I asked a seller on ebay if Wifi calling works on his Zenfone 8 and he wrote: Wifi calling on T-Mobile is automatically present after setting up your phone and connect with T-Mobile SIM. Has anyone tried it with T-Mobile in the USA? If they support it, Mint Mobile should follow eventually since they are using T-Mobile network and now owned by T-Mobile. I really want to keep this phone but not going to use it without Wifi calling. Today I needed to use wifi texting at Malibu beach in a dead area using the restaurants wifi. 

Ebay seller? 🤦

If the service is activated, enter the code *#*#4636#*#* and check that you have it enabled. I'll give you an example screenshot:

Screenshot_20230704-111115_Telephony_Service_1.jpg

NewAje
Star II

Thanks for your support and help, I finally was able to get Wifi Calling to work on Mint Mobile! It just took a little time to work after enabling it. When I initially chose to only make calls over Wifi it kept saying connect to wifi network although I was connected. So I changed it around to Call over Wifi and then suddenly it started working. Then I could switch to Wifi only and calls worked over Wifi as well. Saw the icon at the top of my phone and the wifi icon in the phone call. So glad it is working and I can keep this phone. Too bad the feature is disabled after rebooting but I can live with having to type in the code again to enable the feature. I haven't figured out how to paste the #*#3642623344#*# into the phone dialer, is this possible? 

I'm so glad I helped you! 

To copy and paste what I do is copy only the number. I type the symbols *#*# and paste the number 3642623344 and type the symbols afterwards #*#*, it's easy to remember.

NewAje
Star II

Yes once the code is entered click the 3 dots at the top right of your phone app and go to settings, then click Call and scroll down all the way where Wi-Fi calling appears and click it. Try toggling the options and making test calls, you should see the wifi phone icon appear that top of your phone and also when making a test call there's a wifi icon in the middle of the phone app. I finally got it working, took a few moments to start working after I enabled it. Using Mint Mobile in USA.