gargamel314
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS ZenFone 9 256 GB/16GB
Firmware Version:32.2040.2040.28
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Continual
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): The phone, settings
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I'm using Mint Mobile (T-Mobile MVNO), and Wi-fi calling doesn't work. The option doesn't even present itself in the menu. I find it very hard to believe that a product that markets itself as fully compatible with T-Mobile and its MVNO's doesn't support this basic feature. I was wondering if anyone has found a way to make this work, or is this just an early adoption bug?

9 REPLIES 9

pequinois44
Star II
réseau et internet ....... appels.......appels wi fi tout en bas

osstis
Star II
Wifi calling option is only available if your network provider and mobile contract offering to you.
That's nothing to do with Asus Zenfone 9 as I have VOLTE and wifi calling both on with my UK Vodafone

osstis
Star II
UK Vodafone - WiFi Calling settings

screenshot-20221018-113631-settings.jpg
screenshot-20221018-113622-settings.jpg

gargamel314
Star III
ArjanB

T-Mobile "calling over wifi" works in my country, so it should only be a setting change for Asus.

The other provider it does not in my country is KPN.

Entering the code #*#3642623344#*# does bring up "calling over wifi" for the KPN, but it doesn't work

View post
Thank you everyone, I think I have what I need. What I figured out was by entering that code above (I'll enter it correctly here: * # * # 3642623344 # * # * [no spaces]), it makes the option available, and it will make it searchable in settings. I guess Mint (or T-Mobile, not sure which one) hasn't approved the ZF9 for Wi-Fi calling features yet (after speaking with Mint mobile tech support). According to ASUS, Wi-fi calling is "not available for unlocked devices," which is surprising, because I though the ZenFone 9 was basically an unlocked device.
So if you enter that above code, it will allow you to turn on Wi-Fi calling until you reboot your phone, then the option will be unavailable again. So basically I put the code in my Google Keep notebook so I can just paste it into my dialer when I need the Wi-Fi calling. That's acceptable to me, but I do hope ASUS release a patch at some point to enable it, or Mint clears it for its network. I used an unlocked HTC U12+ for a long time with Wi-Fi calling enabled, it worked great, so I don't know how credible ASUS's response is.
Oh and yes, Deadpool owns part of Mint. I pay a fraction of what I would pay at any other company, without all the drama that Verizon and AT&T gave me.

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.