JustAnOpossum
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 9 C version
Firmware Version: WW_32.2040.2040.28
Rooted or not: not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Every time
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I have the Zenfone 9 C version I bought directly from the ASUS website. On the device specs it lists n41 as supported. But I can't get a n41 signal on TMobile. I can only get b71 5G and not B41. I have tried everywhere and I am only getting b71. The modem supports band 41 5g it seems like in theroy. It looks like on reddit someone discovered that it was a carrier aggregation problem.
Is it possible to fix this problem and has anyone else not been able to get n41 5G? I don't want to send the phone back

7 REPLIES 7

Nikifuj908
Star II
I also cannot get a 5G signal on Ultra Mobile (which uses T-Mobile's network) and would like to see someone answer this question.

aunsafe2015
Star I
There's a reddit post on /r/zenfone with several comments about poor performance on Tmobile. I cannot post the link b/c I'm too new a forum member here.
Can anybody from ASUS comment? It seems like even the "C" version of the Zenfone9 doesn't actually have good compatibility with TMobile US. (I'm personally experiencing very poor cellular performance compared to a Pixel 6a, and the Pixel 6a is known as having a pretty bad cellular connection... ZF9 is even worse!)

keren_ASUS
Hi Everyone,
Thank you for sharing.
Before anything, please try these steps on this third-party FAQ:
How to Turn On 5G on ASUS Zenfone 9 Phone
After you've done the steps above, please DM (Click on my name and then click on the blue "message" icon), with your SN, Firmware version, and carrier.
Thank you!

JustAnOpossum
Star II
keren_ASUS

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for sharing.

Before anything, please try these steps on this third-party FAQ:

https://firmwarespro.com/5g/asus-zenfone-9-detail

After you've done the steps above, please DM (Click on my name and then click on the blue "message" icon), with your SN, Firmware version, and carrier.

Thank you!

View post
There isn't an icon to DM you