This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile data upload/download speed reduced since last update

gargamel314
Star III

I mainly use Wifi for like everything, including wifi calling. I have Mint Mobile (T-Mobile MVNO) Over the last month or two, I've noticed when I use my mobile data, data speeds are extremely slow, and I just blamed it on a poor signal and carried on. Last night, my home broadband internet went down due to a car accident nearby, and I tried using my data for a number of things. Though my signal was very strong, data speeds were very low, staying at around 30 Kb/sec tops. I contacted my carrier's tech support, and they confirmed that there was nothing wrong on my end, I am not being data throttled, and my 4G/5G signal should be much faster than it was. The rep asked me to contact ASUS and ask if the latest update, 33.0804.2060.113 did anything to the mobile antenna, because some frequencies did not seem to be working. I feel like I can trace the drop in data signal back to the update which was over a month ago. My wife's Zenfone 9 was also affected the same way.

My details:

1. Model Name: ASUS Zenfone 9 (version C) 16GB RAM/256GB Storage
  2. Firmware Version: WW_33.0804.2060.113
  3. Rooted or not: Not Rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: ongoing for at least a month, since last firmware update
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): N/A

I'm willing to try rolling back to an earlier firmware, but I'd like instructions on how to do that safely.

Troubleshooting steps:

- Contacted Mint Mobile Support, who instructed me to alter APN settings, Preferred Network settings
- Rep gave me screengrabs of bands that are used by Mint Mobile, see attached. There is one other image but I am unable to post it because of these forums' limitations.

4 REPLIES 4

gargamel314
Star III

I am attaching the additional image from the Mint Tech support rep mentioned in the above post

Mansi_ASUS

Hey @gargamel314,

Can you please share a screen recording or screenshot of the issue? Also, could you please share a log file?

Please follow the below steps to enable the built-in log tool (Bug reporter).
1.  Open “Calculator APP”
2.  Enter “.19595+=”
3.  Select the Log type according to the type of issue you want to capture. “Phone, mobile networks, and signal”
4.  After your selection the log tool will exit so you can duplicate the issue or wait for it to happen. Try to use the screen recorder to show your issue when possible. If you can't screen record your issue, then please take a screenshot right after the issue has occurred (as a timestamp) so we know where to look in the log.
5.  Navigate back to the log tool via calculator and Tap "FINISH AND SHARE".
6. It takes several minutes for the log to generate. You can exit and do other stuff in the meantime. A silent notification will tell you once the process is done. Tap the notification and then the share button to upload the file to Google Drive and share the link with a moderator. Just make sure to change the permission first so that everyone with the link has permission to view it.
Note: When you're no longer planning on logging your device, enter “.09595+=” in the calculator and the log tool will stop as well as deleting all stored log files. Make sure to share via calculator. The files found in internal storage -> asus_log are not the correct files (they are only 1.2kb)

gargamel314
Star III

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.