Google Assistant Driving Mode - Launch with bluetooth

Newstead
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenphone 9
Firmware Version: WW_32.2050.2050.34
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Google Assistant Driving mode
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi. I have been an Android user for years but am new to the Zenphone so perhaps I've missed something.
Google Assistant Driving mode works but the settings page for "Launch Driving Mode" is missing. I still have the old style page which does not allow Launch when bluetooth connected. I have Android 12 but the setting screen I have looks like the old Android 9. I have to manually start Driving mode every trip.
Should I have this feature already or do I need to wait for Android 13. I have updated the firmware and all apps.
Any suggestions how to update the driving mode options to get Launch when bluetooth connected? Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Mansi_ASUS
Hey @Newstead,
Are you still experiencing this? Also, have you updated the FW?

Newstead
Star I
Yes. No change after Android 13. Strange that my Samsung S20 has this feature but my Asus doesn't. I've still got the S20 and have cross checked all the settings. S20 has the settings page for 'Launch Driving Mode' but Asus doesn't. Should be at the bottom of the 'Transport' page under 'Driving Mode' but it only gives the old style options not the launch on bluetooth option. Perhaps it's a Samsung only thing?

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.