This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Giving up on my Zenfone 9

darklajid
Star III
I know this isn't the best place to share this, but maybe someone is browsing this board not as a fan and owner, but as a prospective buyer. For these people I want to share the following:
The Zenfone 9 has an amazing form factor, great battery life and a mostly uncluttered (free of bloat) version of Android.
Unfortunately, it's also very very slow (my old Pixel 4A is smoother and we had 5, 6 and now 7 in that series since). The Zenfone 9 stutters, randomly hangs a lot. The second SIM tray never worked okay (I created a thread on this board for this, another user reported the same issue. No follow-up or solution, thread is closed due to inactivity). GPay doesn't work properly for me in some scenarios (and no, it's not my account or card or whatever). Asus did follow up here, but it lead nowhere in the end.
So the phone cannot do the daily tasks I need it for (use my second SIM and/or pay for public transport) and feels more sluggish than a device that is quite a few years older. I'll switch back and just got a screen replacement for the 4A instead.
People that are on the fence about getting this phone: I suggest a hands-on session first. It might be a great device for you or it might not be a good fit - like for me.
34 REPLIES 34

vex_sb
Star III
darklajid

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/237019#Comment_237019

Careful, you're engaging a troll that previously tried to explain to me how the public transportation system in the very country I'm living in works ... while sitting in a cave 12h by flight/10,000+km away.

Honestly I did expect a better response from Asus at that point. Because Asus DOES¹ have a presence in this country after all, so who cares where the device is from? Heck, the device wasn't even released long enough for any handset to be out of warranty, so .. I guess I don't quite appreciate how this was handled at that time.

①: I would've linked to the official Asus site and the three service centers listed in this county, but "You have to be around for a little while longer before you can post links." 🙄

View post
EXACTLY. This should be handled much much better. But you see, there is even some guys that approve this crap lol

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
vex_sb

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/237040#Comment_237040

Look clown, nobody expects that Asus covers anything shipping related, from paying to finding the package, That is post office job. They are expected to deliver the phone to fedex, and honor the damn guarantee. Nothing less, nothing more. Why they should - because they do not have any service centers around.

"Your S21 example is terrible because you moved from 1 country that had a samsung service center to another country that has a service center, thats no issue.

Also your car anology is terrible, if you buy a car in the UK and import it to lets say ireland, you have no warranty either."

But that same car also have service center in all countries around, so for phone case is no issue and for car you approve issue ?? LoL . You really have problems hahaha ???

View post
If you dumbasses would stop acting like deluded clowns for once actually start understanding that you cannot expect a company to honor warranties from non official regions then you would stop making piss poor decisions in your lives. Don't import if you want warranty, end of story, crying about it on ASUS forums will get you nowhere. You're clearly clueless how companies work and how shipping works as well. No matter what ASUS does, people who expect warranty despite importing something are so self enittled and deluded that you will cry no matter what, next step you don't like the costs, then you won't like the repair itself, then youll start crying about other things. Stop wasting everybodys time.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
darklajid

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/237019#Comment_237019

Careful, you're engaging a troll that previously tried to explain to me how the public transportation system in the very country I'm living in works ... while sitting in a cave 12h by flight/10,000+km away.

Honestly I did expect a better response from Asus at that point. Because Asus DOES¹ have a presence in this country after all, so who cares where the device is from? Heck, the device wasn't even released long enough for any handset to be out of warranty, so .. I guess I don't quite appreciate how this was handled at that time.

①: I would've linked to the official Asus site and the three service centers listed in this county, but "You have to be around for a little while longer before you can post links." 🙄

View post
Careful, tech illiterate crying.
But that same car also have service center in all countries around, so for phone case is no issue and for car you approve issue ?? LoL . You really have problems hahaha ???
What does that even mean dude. I know ure tech illiterate but jesus christ at least form a sentence with some meaning.

@vex_sb
Also, just to showcase how messed up your logic is:
But, if some guy really wants their phone, and buy it from anywhere, manufacturer should honor the warranty. Even cover half of shipping costs. or all. It is negligible cost for them, only handfull of people will do it.

Look clown, nobody expects that Asus covers anything shipping related, from paying to finding the package, That is post office job.
I know some of u users seem to have sniffed on your moms nail polishers or something, but at least get clean before writing a response calling others clown.
I repeat, asking for warranty while importing a device that isnt sold in your region is unreasonable.

darklajid
Star III
vex_sb

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/237063#Comment_237063

EXACTLY. This should be handled much much better. But you see, there is even some guys that approve this crap lol

View post
Absolutely. Compare:
Asus has three service centers in this city here (official, listed on their website). They have a decent presence and sell laptops/phones here. They did not, when I was interested, sell a Zenfone 9 - so I imported it. The reaction to my issues was "Uhhh, you imported it, sooo that's a bit of a problem". Which seems dumb and broken.
Google isn't known for customer service, at all. I imported a number of Pixel devices into this country as well, for the same reason (They weren't available locally at the time of my purchase). By now I had multiple encounters with their service center (one, singular) here and the only thing they did was checking the purchase/activation date of my device and nodding, saying "Yup, still under warranty". In all of these cases (Three? Four? Can't quite remember) the phones were repaired within hours and free of charge.
Now, if your customer service experience is worse than Google, then something is probably not quite right here.. But hey, people tend to defend brands they like with little to no rational thoughts behind it. I feel a nuanced approach is right: I'd still buy a RoG laptop, I will not buy a phone from this company again and find their reaction to my multiple issues .. lackluster. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mattias_ASUS
Closing the thread because of people being immature and attacking each other.
Also: Warranty outside the accepted area is very very rarely a thing, this would be a worldwide warranty, but normally this is how the warranty works in pretty much all areas.