efko
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:Zenfone 9
Firmware Version: WW_32.2030.2030.26
Rooted or not: not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Phone Dialer
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I finally got there and ZF9 is at home!

Does anyone have experience with recording calls?
The recording works well, I just have a problem with saving the recordings. I would like it to save the recording as a contact name or phone number. Now it only saves "Call recording 1..."
I hope there is some solution to set "preset name" from the contact.

Does anyone have a solution?

Thx!
14 REPLIES 14

efko
Star III
what are you talking about? I am attaching a picture of how the files are stored. How the recorder application displays them is another matter.
screenshot-20220824-212101-file-manager.jpg

Gabrieltg
Rising Star I
Yeah true. Sorry @efko.
Normally call recordings are used to consult on the phone. Indeed, I believe that if you send them to Drive, mail, etc... they are sent as recordings. No more.

But I thank Asus for allowing call recording. This is possible on very, very few phones. Google banned it in most countries and the apps no longer work.

efko
Star III
The file names on ZenFone8 recordings are automatically formatted as date_time_contactname/phonenumber.aac

That's exactly what I want it on ZF9 😞

javaer
Star I
efko

The file names on ZenFone8 recordings are automatically formatted as date_time_contactname/phonenumber.aac

That's exactly what I want it on ZF9 😞

View post
Yes, pervious Zenfone call recording default filename format is "date_time_contactname/phonenumber", which is much easier for searching and file management.
clipboard01.jpg

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.