This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Zenfone 9: USB C PD charging only

Vucxs
Star I

Hello, normally i charge my Zenfone 9 with a USB A Charger. Since last week the charging power with any USB A (different wires, charges) is so much reduced, that the phone is loosing slowly power even during charging process. Also any computer are not recognizing the Phone anymore.

When i connect the Phone to an USB C PD charger (like the original one for the phone), it's charging still woth around 1.4 to 2Ampere.

Also i have the feeling the phone is loosing power a bit faster than before, even i use the durable mode always. All apps are closed and not Bluetooth, GPS is activated.

Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4

tochmi
Zen Master I

If you use the original charger, charge normally? With HyperCharge? This can be configured. If it works fine with the original charger, it may be a problem with the other charger.

It does charge normally with the original one with hyper charging. That's not the problem. Zhe problem is, it's not charging any more with other (USB A) charger, also not by being connected to any computers. And thats was before always working. Also I can't get access to the phone with a computer anymore (via USB). So something must be happened to the phone, software or hardware problem?

Oh, it's very strange. Have you changed any features in the developer options? (they are hidden).

Talk to the official technical service of your country, maybe it would have been my first choice before consulting in the forum. 

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.